Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Super Contributor
My Device: Priv, Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

z10 & link

Hi:

Just curious if LINK is working for anyone at all?  It has been ages since I've been able to get it to do anything. I haven't been able to back up my z10 since I don't know when which worries me if I get a new device how I will back up & move things to a new device. 

What in the name of sam hill is going on with this program!?

Any suggestions would be appreciated...... except... uninstall & reinstall. I have done this more times than I can count and it does not do anything!

TIA

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: z10 & link

It is working fine for me. I just yesterday backed up my Z30, wiped it, and restored my Settings. No problems, worked perfectly.

I suspect you have a PC problem, not a BB problem...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Super Contributor

Could Win8 be the problem? It's a new laptop so I'm not sure what could be wrong with it
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Based on what you have described, the answer is yes...indeed, anything could be the problem, but you should probably be asking in the LINK section of the site...

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Super Contributor

Oh. I didn't realize there was LINK side. I thought we came in by device. Will try there, thanks
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

You can see all of the various specific boards at the main page:

Super Contributor

I was able to get link to do a backup but that's it. It can't see any music or pictures I have on the cell.  At least I have a backup, that's more important.

I did go to the Link section of the forum ... not much of a response but that's OK. 

Hall of Famer III

Personally, I never depend on Link for anything other than things like settings and configuration items...actual data (pictures, videos, documents, etc.) I always back up manually by copying from the device to a place on my computer.

Good luck!