Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: z10 back up

sorry about that.
I have 10.0.10.85.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Hum, wow, I'm not sure what to tell you then. If you've already tried not backing up apps and even then things don't work I would say either try with a completely different computer that has never had the BlackBerry connected to it, or alternatively you may need to do a full OS restore to clear up whatever problem you are running into. If the backup does not work with a different machine then the problem is definitely with the OS or applications on the device itself.
Regular Contributor

One other note, keep in mind that if you are doing a full OS restore that will cause everything from your phone to be erased, so keep that in mind. You may want to save/write down anything that is critical before you do anything like this. Rogers should be able to help you through that process. Shucks to have to go through all the trouble, especially if you are not necessarily the type of user that likes tinkering.
Contributor

It worked on my desktop but I hadly ever use it for backing up my phone. I use a worklaptop. I have wiped the phone twice with no luck. I suspect it is the laptop but I have no idea whom to check with my IT dept will likely be no use since it is such a new phone and BB has no tech support for this that I am aware of.
Regular Contributor

Oh, so yeah, then it definitely is the laptop. I would talk to your IT dept. and get them to wipe your laptop clean of Link and of any BlackBerry drivers and then you can start fresh on it. I could not explain all the details for you on here. It's best that you consult your IT dept.
Contributor

I have uninstalled both drivers(link and desk top 7.1) and re-installed Link. Do you think thee is ore they could do? are there programs that continue to reside?
waht is a side app?
Regular Contributor

There are likely drivers left on your system though still. I am not bear a computer right now, but I could reply to you in a bit and maybe even post a screenshot of what driver to remove. Il reply again later.

Side loaded apps you don't have to worry about. Hey are generally unverified Android applications that get loaded using a 3rd party tool. If you don't know what that is you definitely do not have any of them installed.
Contributor

Thanks so much for all your help. I am very new to these forums, an am very appreciative of the help.
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey again,

Alright, see the screenshot below on what driver to remove and see the whole writeup in the screenshot for the steps that you need to take to remove it and reinstall Link.  Please make sure to read the instructions carefully.  I hope this helps you.

Contributor

No luck...
followed all the steps and now I get no synching, at all.
All i get is the yield sign with the exclamation.
Darn.