Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: vodacom

z10 battery bug

i have a blackberry Z10 that keeps shutting off at 50% battery life. A few days ago it would shut off on exactly 43% battery life and before that it was 20 something percent. so it keeps going up as the days go on.

i have been told that this is a bug. can you please give me some advise as to how to correct this problem?

i find it a bit annoying that this bug is caused by a software upgrade, is blackberry at least trying to fix this issue with a new upgrade?

i have never had a days issue with blackberry, but this bug will cause me to take my phone in to vodacom and have them spend weeks looking into the error... returning the phone saying its fixed when they set it to factory default settings. Then the cycle continues when i re install the update and i have to send the phone in all over again due to the bug. This is not only inconveniencing me with regards to my work but its also going to cost me a small fortune in sending the phone in every time the battery dies at 50%.

i am really dissapointed that an update will mess with my phone like this... with blackberry saying nothing about this bug and how long they will take to fix it, had i not come to this forum and stumbled upon someone saying its a bug error, this wouldav cost me a lot of money in the long run. Should this persist... id rather take my money and support another brand altogether.

your feedback will be greatly appreciated

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: z10 battery bug

1. Who told you it was a bug?

2. What is your exact model number of your Z10 device?  From the main screen, swipe down from the top black bezel to Settings > About... what is the Model Number listed there?

3. What is your Operating System loaded to your device?  From the main screen, swipe down from the top black bezel to Settings > About... what is the OS Version listed there?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: vodacom

well firstly everyone i have spoken to that has had the exact same issue as me ( quite a lot of people surprisingly) has said it is a bug and have given a few steps to resolve the problem (i will give it a try when the phone dies again).

the fact is that since my most recent software update, the phone has problems that keep getting worse. the make and model have nothing to do with the battery issue as i have had the phone for nearly a year with not a days issue... until the update, the phone dies at half its battery life. this clearly indicates a bug somewhere with something and i will guarantee its the update. the battery itself is also no issue as it is not twice its original size and it turns the phone on perfectly, the phone also works fine, no sudden retarts or any other problems besides shutting off and refusing to turn on until it is plugged into the charger. Surely something would have been said by now if the white Z10 was a faulty model... but nothing. the only buzz is the battery not syncing with the new software update, therefore the phone shutting off when the battery life does not show 0% (or 4% to save data)

my OS - software release version 10.2.1.2941

current OS 10.2.1.3175

phone is a white blackberry Z10

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Danni, I asked:

JSanders wrote:

2. What is your exact model number of your Z10 device?  From the main screen, swipe down from the top black bezel to Settings > About... what is the Model Number listed there?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code