Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook and Z10
My Carrier: EE

z10 battery

Is anyone else having to charge their z10 3 to 4 times in a 12 hour time scale with minimum usage?
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: z10 battery

Yes, some are having issues. Here's some threads that were already started:

"Battery Life"

"Battery Life Problem"

"Battery Power"

"Looking for tips on improving battery life"

That should get you started. Smiley Happy

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Contributor

The battery had performed well today. Charged to 100% last night. Went to bed 12.20am, woke up 7.30am, battery was 82%. Have been using it today on and off. Time now is 3.15pm and still have 45%. Should last over 24 hours I think.
New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Virgin

I've found that battery life, for the first week or so, has always been less than tip top. It has usually taken a few charges to wake up the battery to its full potential.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860, Bold 9900, Z10, Z30
My Carrier: e-Plus

I had updated to 10.0.10.99 and now the battery power is enough for one workday :-) That's okay. Perhaps the next updates could enhance it quite a little bit more?!! :-)
Contributor
My Carrier: Cosmote

Guys,
My opinion is that the battery still should be considered an issue.
I need to charge it 2-3 times per day, as I am a heavy user. I think it was nice to have one as Q10 has-2300 mA.
New Contributor
My Device: BB10
My Carrier: AT&T

Hi just picked up my BB10 phone in Chicago and things see to be ok.

I'm up in Vancouver for business and my phone is getting less than 8 hours without any phone calls and only 5 or 6 emails.  Something is really wrong with either my phone or being in Canada where the phone was born.  Any suggestions or should I just take it back to AT&T and return to my old BB Tourch which worked for three years no problem.  I'm feeling a little like a Beta customer reading all the postings.

Contributor

With the latest OS update, the battery life is significantly better. a full 1 day with medium use is typical. The z10 does require a few charges to settle in to having a stable battery. So give it a week. When you charge give until fully charged
Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

Just bought a second battery two days ago, I have suspicions that there may be a bad batch of batteries out there. I got 16 hours out of my new one and the one that came with my phone maxes out at 7 or 8 hours with the same use.

I will investigate further as one good day isn't enough data to go on, but those that are having really bad run times.. post your battery lot codes. Maybe there is a pattern?

My suspect battery is from lot code: DC121201 GOPAA01429
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860, Bold 9900, Z10, Z30
My Carrier: e-Plus

[ Edited ]

Hi,

the Lot Code of my battery: DC130126 GOPAA07426

I get about 8 - 9 hours out, with normal use (one email push folder and some web browsing). Have no sim card installed. I use "3G and 2G" option.