Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

z10 completely unresponsive

So at about 8 am today, my Z10 completely died. It wont turn on, it wont charge, it wont connect to the computer. One minute it was working and the next, it wouldn't turn on at all. I have no idea whats going on what happened. I performed the update yesterday, so I wonder if it has anything to do with that. I have performed a battery pull. i have pulled the battery and left it for 30 min before putting it back in. I have tried to use blackberry link, but i can't seem to figure it out. Someone please help

My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: z10 completely unresponsive

I guess everyone who could help you is a way from their phone. Hang on someone will help. Meanwhile do a search on here for starting a dead phone or something to that effect.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

Is your LED light blinking or off?

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

nope, nothing is working at all. 

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 model AFF91LW
My Carrier: SaskTel

Mine too!  I was watching the munu screen and it began to slowly dim, so I gave it a swipe and it kept dimming to nothing.  After that, no start, no charging, no response when plugged into PC with BBLink.  I'm eagerly awaiting some hints!

You may have tried these by now but let's run down the general list.

1) Reset by holding down both volume buttons.

2) Remove and reinstall battery (while phone is OFF, of course)

3) Remove battery and (w/battery still out) plug into computer, see if you get a response.

4) Follow this link to reload OS on a "bricked" phone.

http://crackberry.com/how-reload-os-blackberry-z10-or-blackberry-q10 

5) One very wild card possibility: There is a magnet-controlled "switch" that puts the phone to sleep when you put it into the official BBerry case.  I once had my phone become unresponsive.  I put it back in its case to take into my office to try it on the pc -- and when I pulled it out it came back to life.  If you've pulled the battery, that should be enough to wake it up if that were the casae... but thought I'd mention. 

Developer
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Cosmote

dont get it mine is pretty much ok!

New Contributor

I can't even tell you how happy that makes me to hear that your BBZ10 is completely fine.  Of course, you realize that that means that the entire BB network is still up and running and that it's only my phone that's having a problem!  What a relief, hey?

New Contributor

Thank you for all your help.  

I tried your first and second suggestions with no results, but when I did #3, I got a steady red light in the top right corner of the screen that stayed on for about 20 seconds.  Pushing the start button after that led to nothing, but a few minutes later, I got the red light again, and again no response with a 2nd start button press.

By 'bricked' phone, you mean....one that's suitable for storing permanently in a stone wall?  Would I load the OS on the link you mention to my PC and then attempt to install it on my Z10?

Suggestion 5 might work if I had an 'official BB case', but I don't.

Thanks again for spending your knowledgeable time on this problem.

Barry

[ Edited ]

If you got a red light by plugging into your computer (with the battery out), do you get more of a response by putting the battery back in while still plugged in?  And, do you have BBerry link on your computer?  If so, and if it doesn't start automatically, try strating it manually. 

Yes, you load the link on your PC. It's a page telling you how to reload OS which may work for you. 

The "case" thing is not going to help you if you are getting a light.  But, FWIW, you could just use a small magnet.