Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: z10 OS v 10.1.0.2312
My Carrier: vodafone ireland

Re: z10 contacts jus disappeared

i left the z10 on all night and when i came down this morning, there was a message that my home wifi can not access certain websites, which is so odd, so i have switched it off and it kept to 3G/network only. the contacts had not returned. 

Solutions: 6,395
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Are you contacts connected to any of those email accounts, or were they stored separately on the device?

In other words, on one of those email account servers, (hotmail, yahoo, etc) are your contacts shown?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Re: z10 contacts just disappeared

yes, the contacts are tied to those accounts.if i login to each one via a browser, i would see the list of contacts but i can not view those account settings on the z10.

when i got the z10, the contacts were on the device as they were copied from my old bold 9700 by the vendor, which i was synching with my mac using the BB desktop software.

hope i make sense Smiley Sad

i am tempted to do a security wipe?

Ok, yes it makes sense.

On your Z10, please go to main Settings (swipe down from the top bezel) to Accounts.

Open the setup of one of those email accounts and you should see options to sync email, contacts, Calendar, etc.

On EACH email account, is "contacts" set to ON (for syncing)?

If it's turned off, turn it on.

If it IS turned on, turn it off and close the account setup and then return and turn it back on again (I known, confusing, but just do it).

Then on that SAME account, go to the email server on a PC and add a NEW contact. and let's see if that happens to initiate the sync process.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

facebook messages, sms and tweets are coming through which i can read but no new emails are added to the hub. 

i did as you suggest, swiped down from the top and clicked on 'Accounts'.

All i get is a spinning 'loading' icon that does not stop, so i am not able to view the options per account. 

Reboot your Z10 and try it again.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: DU

It think that this is just a software bug of the Z10 contacts.

I have the same problem when editing some contacts, it will either not memorize a single item of a contact like a phone number, or a contact will simply disappear.

I always have the BB symbol on the top right of my screen, and I had this happening both in wifi and 4G networks.

This is really annoying bug and I think RIM should address this matter seriously, it is quite frustrating receving a work email with a new phone number, memorizing it in your contacts, and at a later stage when you need to call that important number, the contact disappeared !!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE FIX THAT !!!!

Pietro,
Dubai, UAE
Contributor

Rebooted. Contacts appeared then disappeared. New emails synced but could not be displayed. I managed to get to the accounts screen showing list of accounts and able to see the 3 options but when I click on 'contacts', then it just spins loading again.
Could be a bug in z10?
Contributor

finally managed to get to that screen. i had to shut the z10 down and start it up.

i can not see an option where 'CONTACTS' is set to 'ON'. i entered one of the accounts and can see server address, sync interval (set to 30 minutes), password,....

but then a spinning loading circle appears and does not stop,....i guess it is trying to sync?

Contributor

ok, more success. z10 kicking into gear a bit now. regrets for multple posts Smiley Sad
i have 6 accounts in my z10: 2 * gmail, 1 * hotmail, 1 * facebook, 1 * twitter and 1 * linkedin.

- gmail 1: i see the menu you describe but no option to tick ON/OFF for either

- gmail 2: i see the menu you describe but no option to tick ON/OFF for either

- hotmail: i do not see the menu you describe, as i am brought directly into its settings and can see that contacts is ticked ON.

- facebook: messages is ticked ON

- twitter: messages is ticked ON

- linkedin: messages is ticked ON

i remember you saying that there were issues with gmail and they have been slow. my sync interval for gmail is se at 30 minutes by default (too high?)

when i go into contacts on the main menu, i see the list of accounts. by clicking into each one, the contacts for 'hotmail' appear then disappear, and the same for gmails but much weaker appearance, while under 'ALL', they rarely appear.

not sure what is going on.