Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: tata docomo

z10 getting switch of after battery level 40%

I was purchase z10 before 20 days now my handset is giving problem that it get switch off automatic when battery level is 40% and if I will take out battery and trying to switch on again it is not working.then I have to put charger for 2 min then it's get on but how come mobile getting switch off on 40% level.<br>Plz let me know what to do.<br>
My Device: BlackBerry Classic- SQC-100-4
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: z10 getting switch of after battery level 40%

Smiley HappyHi, and welcome to the forums!

Try this: Plug the BlackBerry in for 2 hours no matter what the LED does. after the 2 hours has passed, remove the battery from the phone WITH THE PHONE STILL PLUGGED IN. Leave the battery out for 15 minutes. After the 15 minutes, plug the phone in for another 2 hours. NOTE: The phone will have to be connected to a good wall charger for 4h 15 min. Do not use a usb port for your charging. Let me know if this solves the issue

Also, what OS are you running? If the OS is not current that may also cause some battery issues.

It is also possible that your battery is simply defective or worn out.

Heres a couple of links to buy a new one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-Blackberry-LS1-L-S1-Original-Battery-for-BB10-Z10-Z-10-/321450482381...

http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-LS1-Battery-Z10/dp/B00AZY9MPA/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=140...

1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
New Contributor

I tired it still problem is there

Remember, the 40% is just an estimation based on the last charge and the CPU load. Try plugging in the device until it reaches 100%. Then. Without unplugging it, remove the battery for about 5 minutes. The red led will illuminate and a battery with an x on it may appear. Once the 5 minutes has passed, re insert the battery. Leave the device plugged in until the reboot bad completed. If this does not help, you may have to leave the battery out for longer. Let me know if this helps.
1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
New Contributor

Please tell me that why this happen it's mobile(softwear or hardwear)problem or battery problem because I tired that procedure but plz tell me that procedure is simple language.
It's giving me so much problem....
If I will put new battery will problem will solve or not.

Sorry for the in clarity, I completely understand your frustration. Your problem is being caused by software not hardware. Ok, plug your phone in to a wall charger, then remove the battery with the phone plugged in. Leave the phone plugged in for 5 to 10 minutes or longer, you can so something else whole the phone is plugged in just to give it longer to reset. After some time had passed, re insert the battery, do not unplug the phone until it has rebooted. Then unplug it. Let me know if this is any help to you.
Contributor
My Device: blacberry Z10
My Carrier: blacberry

I faced the problem too...
You should try this... whenever your phone gets switched off at 40% try to keep the out of your phone for an hour then your battery charges from 0%..
I've tried this it worked out for ma phone..!!!

Leaving a dead battery out of a phone will not charge it. However, leaving it plugged in with the battery removed will reset the battery meter leading to accurate readings.
Contributor
My Device: blacberry Z10
My Carrier: blacberry

Ooh... common... you... can't say the battery is dead....!!!

If the phone shuts off the battery is dead!