Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Orange

Re: z10 headphones not working

Hi there

My wife and I have a brand new Q10s. We have been getting the same problem as above. When we plug in a headset the audio alternates between the headset and the phone speakers. Occasionally the headphones do work but only through one earpiece and never both at the same time. This is really annoying, could you please give me a solution asap.

New Contributor
My Device: BLACKBERRY Z10
My Carrier: Digicel

You know i am having the same problem. I found out in a week that it was switching from speaker to head set >> if you listen carefully you also hear a clicking sound....and the worst thing is that we are not getting any respond from BlackBerry>> i am plannning next to write to my three papers in my country and tell everyone the problem with Z10 and Q10... we deserve an answer from BB. Giving them a few more days.

Richard

New Contributor

Hi Richard

Yes I forgot to mention that very irritating clicking noise too! I can hear audio through one earpiece if I twist the connection of the headphone jack, but this is not what we would expect from a brand new phone. Also I tried the BBM voice with headphones and I can't hear any audio nor can they hear me, which is really annoying as I was planning to use the phone with handsfree! Other than this I think this handset is amazing. Before anyone says yes I have tried numerous headphones problem still persists! I'm getting the feeling this maybe a software issue.

Also I wanted to add that I'm not too happy about the lack of support we have for these new phones, no phone numbers to call or emails, just some forums which we rarely get a reply from! URGENT REQUEST BlackBerry PLEASE RESPOND!!
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Globe

3 wks old no audio using my headset
New Contributor

I just had to click the headphones in properly into the headphone jack! Someone else did the same thing. Make sure it's fully clicked it in and they should work fine.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

I think people usually try that right away? No? Not trying to be sarcastic but I don't think thats not a viable response. Just click it in farther? I had this problem I took it into Verizon said "yea this happens to a lot of people not just Z10 users, we can't fix it so here is your new phone." I said what happened to cause this they said "they break" make sure you ALWAYS have insurance on your phone. ALWAYS pay the extra money. In addition it has a 1 year warrenty so within that year you can get a new one free of charge.

My Device: BlackBerry z10
My Carrier: wind

Do two things, I am pretty sure it will work.

1-. Download the app BlackBerry Virtual Expert to see if there is a physical malfunction in the headphone or the jack. If there is, then you have to fix the hardware issue. If not

2-. Go to Settings, Accessibility and TTY Settings and turn it off.

Your headphone will work.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 STL100-1
My Carrier: Digicel Curacao

I had the same problem.. I tried to do something but I don't know if it will work for everyone.. I inserted the Earphone into the audio jack and just let the music play through the main speakers.. after that I press the answer button for about three seconds and the Voice command thing should pop up.. after that I just swiped up and tried to resume what I was playing, and Voila! it works for me now!

Hope it helps!Smiley Wink

jbrnd
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

On my phone, the headphone jack seemed to be a little harder to push the headphones in than my wife's Z10.  On hers, the final "click" came alot easier. On my, a little extra effort was needed to click it in.  Verizon swapped out the phone for me, and the new one seems a lot more natural.

Regarding phone warranties, and electronics warranties in general, I would strongly advise against them for most people.  Chances are, you are going to pay more in warranties than the devices you would get under warranty replacement. Plus, you will find that you take care of your device a little better when you don't have a "I'll just get a new one" frame of mind.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Creator of the Idea Catch PlayBook application

My favorite Apple product is apple sauce.
Developer
My Device: BBTEN
My Carrier: ooredoo

This case had ever experienced, I feel the need to push harder audio jack kemuian because it was used but everything works well. but in case you make sure in advance whether his jack in accordance with the size of the port. if it should be no problem

Ades Ganteng