Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: turkcell

z10 software version 10.2.1.537 battery life problem. (please help)

Hi,

I upgradet my softvare version to 10.2.1.537. But battery run outs incredibely fast. (%40 faster than previous version). How can i load previous software version? please help me thank you very much.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: z10 software version 10.2.1.537 battery life problem. (please help)

umutkut wrote:

Hi,

I upgradet my softvare version to 10.2.1.537. But battery run outs incredibely fast. (%40 faster than previous version). How can i load previous software version? please help me thank you very much.

Just give it a few days, the new OS need to resync everything from email to contact, and also need to re-index everything as well. Re-installing the previous version at this point would do the same

Wait for about a week if after that time it is still draining the battry fast then we can start to check things out to fix the problem.

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Contributor

Thank you very much for your answer. I hope it is been fixed.

Ali

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Can it really take a week to index everything?  WOW

My phone was fully charged at 6:50AM.  It is now 9:30AM and I've made no phone calls, and only loaded the Facebook app and made 1 or 2 posts there.  I am now at 51% battery.  This is really really bad since the update.

I am a fairly heavy user of my phone.  I have several thousand contacts, and I receive hundreds of messages a day in several email accounts, FB, a few twitter msgs, a few linked-in msgs, and dozens of text messages.  I used to be able to go til late afternoon/early evening with heavy usage (phone, web surfing, FB, etc) before needing to plug in.  Now with almost no activity this morning I'm 1/2 way to dead after 2 1/2 hrs.

Any thoughts on what I can do?

Contributor

i have same problem for 5 days. i dont know what to do. 

My Carrier: Rogers

I also have the exact same problem, and its been occuring since I've done the update around 5 days ago. I use my phone for nothing other than email.

Battery is basically dead by the end of the day.

My Device: Torch 9800 / PlayBook / Z10 / Passport
My Carrier: O2 UK

Sorry to those who are but I am happy to report that I am not experiencing any battery issues since the latest update, it has in fact improved my battery life but some time ago I was having issues with battery life and I purchased the Z10 Battery/Charger bundle shown on the link below. I cannot recommend it highly enough whether you are having battery issues or not it is an excellent accessory for my Z10 especially when travelling.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blackberry-Battery-Charger-Bundle-Device/dp/B00AZY9MQE/ref=sr_1_1/276-915786...

BlackBerry is for Life, not just for Christmas
My Device: z10 - stl 100-1
My Carrier: telkomsel

I have the same problem too. Please helppppp, I am really stressfull always charge my z10 all the time. 

The chronology:

- after I upgrade my os on dec, 13. My battery start drain fast, only 2 hours from 100%. I try to turn off all my network, and when I woke up, my z10 is in dead conditions -_-. My friends said, wait till the new version of os.

- so...in the end of january, finally I upgrade my os to 10.2.1.537, and my battery still drain. I already try buy a new battery,  but its still the same, drain. I try to wipe my z10, my battery only consume 10% in 1 hours, and I think its going right now. But after I restore, its happened again, even when I turn off all my network and close all applications, it still dead when I woke up in the morning. 

Help....what should I do. I love my z10, but its really annoying because I cant do my work max.

Thx

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telekom

I have the same problem. After updating to OS 10.2.1.537 Pointing battery status does not correspond to reality. Shows 0% but the phone is working half a day. Battery life is very low. Is there any recourse???

Thx.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Same problem here!  I upgraded mine last night.  I am very efficient at battery life management; however, it is impossible with this new Z10 update.  Putting the phone on airplane mode does not even help.  Somthing in the OS is burning up the battery life even when the phone is not being used, the display is blank, and all of the radios are off.  BlackBerry has got to fix this ASAP.  The phone is basically useless unless tethered to electricity all the time.

HELP!