Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE
Accepted Solution

z10 stopped receiving Hotmail emails (on EE network)

[ Edited ]

Hi

Since Saturday night my z10 has stopped receiving emails from my Hotmail account... I'm on the EE network. I've since  done a software upgrade, battery pull and updated my password (which hadn't changed). This has happened for 10 hours a few months ago, but it suddenly came back. This time I can't seem to get it back? Any advice much appreciated. 

Cheers

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: z10 stopped receiving Hotmail emails (on EE network)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Have you tried removal and re-integration of the account? Sometimes that gets things "kick started". Also, be sure to check the web interface to Hotmail to be sure that the items in question are actually in that inbox and not being delayed at Hotmail itself (or somewhere else on their way to Hotmail, potentially).

FYI...I just ran a test, and an item arriving at my Hotmail account came to my Z10 (as well as to Outlook client) just fine.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................

Hi thanks for your reply. I deleted the account and reinstated it and that seems to have done the trick. Phew. Just FYI it seemed to happen after I deleted the eBay app that was burning up my phone and eating my battery life. Not sure it was related but did coincide. Many thanks! Smiley Happy
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You are most welcome...I'm glad it worked. Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hello, I am on EE (in the UK) and for the past 4 months my email (hotmail) was feeding perfectly into my phone. Suddenly a week ago, it stopped and I cannot get it to work again. I have tried removing the email account, putting it back on, rebooting the phone, emptying some memory space and have even gone into Carphone Warehouse where I purchased the phone, and they couldn't fix it! It is extremely frustrating as the main reason I got this phone was to be able to get my emails easily! When I manually remove the email account and re-add it, some of my emails come back, and then disappear after about 3 minutes. I have another email account set up on my phone (outlook account) and it works perfectly. Does anyone have any idea what is happening? Am very annoyed!!!!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, PlayBook 64 OS2.1
My Carrier: O2 UK

Hi, quite a few people having Hotmail issues cross platform in last week. Couple other threads going on here already.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'LIKE' me if it makes sense...

PS. The BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook rock with the QED uPlay!
New Contributor

Has anyone sorted out their Hotmail issues? I got mine to work but it can only sync for 7 days (not 30 like it used to). I had to remove another email account from my phone, undo the BBlink wireless sync and now it can deal with 7 days of email but not one day more. These phones are a real nightmare...need software update urgently.

Trusted Contributor

Seriously this is not just the z10. My mum lost all her Hotmail contacts from ~People on android tablet over wifi and all her mail. Check out my other post. Issues with Hotmail appear to be cross platform, cross device, cross carrier. I have logged faults with Microsoft.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trusted Contributor

Rmass you are finding the same as me some accounts work and some don't. I'm currently on a thread with Microsoft if you are still having issues: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/mail-sync/active-sync-account-stopped-working-s...

New Contributor

Thanks zaba76. This is all ridiculous, took my phone to multiple carphone warehouse geek squads, even the repair centre could not solve the issue. I have removed my outlook email account and the only way my Hotmail works is if I put it to sync for 7 days. Nothing else works. Very very annoying. Eagerly awaiting next software update and hoping it will help.