Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

z10 text message problem still on 10.2, fixed on z30?

hey,

ever since i've gotten my z10, i've had this horrible text message freezing issue when opening conversations with people that i text frequently. if i restart my phone and open a conversation from someone that has hundreds of texts, it freezes and takes FOREVER to load. I then need to restart my phone and open a conversation thread with someone i only have a couple texts with and close it, then go back to the other conversations for them to load properly.

THIS IS INCREDIBLY ANNOYING!!!!! I've rebooted my phone a million times. I've updated the operating system a million times (now have 10.2) and ive tried everything under the sun, still happens...

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: telus

Re: z10 text message problem still on 10.2, fixed on z30?

Having the same issue.  Sent it away prior to the 10.2 update and all they did was wipe it and I started from scratch but it has happened again and still with the new update...

My Carrier: Rogers

I am having the same issue with texts. It started happening with the 10.1 MR update, but it didn't happen too often, only enough to be annoying. With 10.2 it's happening with such regularity that it's moved into 'serious bug' territory. I've contacted BlackBerry tech support directly and they just suggested I restart. Ridiculous! Why are they making the problem worse instead of better?

Contributor
My Carrier: rogers

same.  Just posted the same problem.  Its company wide for us..

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

I am suffering same sms issues with 10.2 upgrade, so annoying. Desperate wanting solution..
Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

Same issues here. Hopefully they release a patch for this very soon.
Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

+1 here.

I posted on a previous thread that this tends to happen when there is a long history of texts and\or attachments in that conversation.  Which I delete, then all is ok for a while.  But after the 10.2 update, the freezing happens more often.  I notice it happening on shorter conversations as well.  And today, it froze up on me and that conversation disappeared without me deleting it.

Please fix this.

Contributor

It's an ongoing issue that need a fix. Even if it's a small history for that particular chat, it lags. Getting ridiculous. I'm surprised it's not all over the net. BlackBerry -. Do something!!!!!!!!
Contributor
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Where should we bring this issue so that we would be heard & BlackBerry will take action? Is this all we can do? are we talking to the wall here? Can BlackBerry at least answer that something is being done?
Contributor

Agreed. This is the only place I can find. If it was just one or two phones, then maybe, just maybe it would be a hardware issue and I would get another phone, but all our phones at work are having same issue. One guy has already gone back to previous release.