Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: MTN south Africa

z10 turns off before battery is low

Please help, my z10 turns off before the battery gets low. The percentage left varies and it won't on till I charge it for 5 mins. But when it turns on, it shows about 50%
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: UFONE

Re: z10 turns off before battery is low

[ Edited ]

it is the bug in z10 stl 100-1 . In which your on device battery meter is off sync with the actual battery meter . Therefore your mobile give different percentage for different battery level .. When your mobile goes off at that time actually your battery is fully discharged therefore it wouldn't on until you charge it sufficient to increase the battery voltage .....

There are no proper solution yet for this issue but you can try this one that might help you as some people were able to solve there problem by this method

when your mobile goes off plug the charger in and charge it for 20 min and then with your OEM charger plugged in remove the battery there will be blink of red light and a battery logo on the screen leave it as such for 1 min then plug the battery in it will reset your on device battery meter. Do it 2 to 3 times a day for few days it will correct your on device meter ,,

and for the second thing you said it start charging from 50 percent for this when your mobile goes off remove the battery remove sim and sd card ... And leave the battery out for and hour or more ... Be sure your device goes off it means your battery is fully discharged ... Now after an hour plug the battery in then press the power button for 3 sec then leave .. Then again press the button for 10 second then leave then press the button for 1 mint then leave ... Your mobile will not turn on as the battey is fully discharged ... Now simply plug the charger and do nothing after sometime you will see your mobile turns on and it will be charging from 0 and goes to 100 percent ,,...

Tell if you have any other problem

Contributor

Thanks for the speedy reply, will try it as soon as I get home
New Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Sun

Hi! Did the steps work? I am also facing the same issue on my Q5
Contributor

Yes they worked
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: mobily

thanks bro its really works for me now its charging from 10%..
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone Tr

sorun devam ediyor söylediğiniz herşeyi yaptım ama %50 cihaz kapanıyor ve bir tane yetkili bunun çözümünü iletmiyor blackberry gerçekten beter olsun lütfen çözüm iletin 

“Letüftehanne’l Kostantıniyyete, ve le ni’mel emrü zâlike’l emr, ve le ni’mel ceyşü zâlike’l ceyş”
Contributor

sadly I updated to V 10.2 and Voila the problem is back, also I noticed that the handset has a lag
Contributor

Please assist me, my z10 keeps switching off at 1/4 I have tried do many times to reset the battery meter
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone HU

Hi there!

I just bought my new Blackberry Z10 (STL100-1) and it turns off when the battery gets under 15% of charge (and it charges up to 94%, not to 100%)

Software relase: 10.2.1.2102

OS version: 10.2.1.2141

There will be any fix in the future?

Or shall I keep trying the two methods written below?