Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z3

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z3
My Carrier: Vodafone

Vodafone on Blackberry Z3

I bought a Z3 three weeks ago. From the time I inserted the micro sim card inside the phone, I get frequent disturbance on the signal.

1)  Inbound calls get dropped stating 'switched off or not reachable message' even though the phone is on and working.

2) Calls get dropped even while making outbound calls.

3) This happens only when I am inside a building ( residence, office, shops etc ).

I raised a ticket with Vodafone networking team. The initial response says " Blackberry needs high network signals when compared to other makes".  Networking guy asked me to buy a new device and scrap blackberry...!!! The investigation is still on tough by the networking team.

Anyone facing similar issues on other networks on Z3?? Please suggest if airtel provided better singal strength on Z3? Please suggest as it would be helpful for me to Port to Airtel.

Awaiting response.

My Device: 9320 curve
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Vodafone on Blackberry Z3

Hi,

It's quite simple, if you are from india Vodafone hase poor coverage .... issue with the n/w provide only...

not an issue with device ... i'm using the same device from long time..

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks. Smiley Happy

Which network do you use currenly ?

Contributor
My Device: blackberry z3

Vodafone in poor service in Delhi zone
My Carrier: Tata DOCOMO

I am facing the same issue Docomo Pune as well. I thought that some with n/w but looks these are issues with the phone.

My Device: z3
My Carrier: vodafone

hi,

i was also facing the same problem for long.. so i went to service center they told me that i have to replace the instrument. as there is problem of instrument.. sometimes it leave the network and for that reason all the problems (i.e. hangs while incoming call, contact and call list not showing, internet not working r happing, network not showing, etc..)

i have update my phone with 10.3 leaked os.. it has solved many issues just try once or best option is replace the instruement if its under warranty.

Contributor
My Carrier: vodafone

did you exchange the devices with 10.3 or just 10.3 upgrade?