Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB Bold>Playbook>Z30
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

15.8 of 16GB storage used on my Z30...help!

I've posted this issue before, but it still hasn't been resolved. My storage shows that I have used 15.7GB of the 1l6GB available, and 12.85 used in the "System"  My Memory shows I've used about !GB of the 2GB available. The built in apps details list shows only 600MG used.....I have 100 photos, but they are on a media card. I have 1600 contacts but they take up only 5MG. I have no videos and no movies on the phone. Again, all I really have on the phone are the built in apps plus another 6 apps, and 6 website bookmarks, but again, all apps only take up 600MG, which is 1/30 of total....it won't even let me shoot a video cuz it's "almost full"...any thoughts!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: 15.8 of 16GB storage used on my Z30...help!

I've seen this happen before and don't know why it happens.  It's also happened on my iPad.

You will need to make a backup, wipe the device, then restore your backup:

To perform a Security Wipe please follow the instructions below. Be sure and use BB Link to make a full backup before proceeding with the wipe:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33591

Once the wipe is complete you can restore your backup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor

Thanks John, but I've already done 2 factory restores....this time I'll enter each app one at a time and see which one may causing the problem...the Asurion tech coach, the VZW tier 2 tech, and a RIM rep have given up!...but all agree that I have only used <2G's of my 11GB's available (after subtracting the 5GB's allocated for the OS....I'll post the results...thanks again for your response!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Something in your backup is doing it then. What are the sizes of your backups?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor

Yup, it must be in the backups...and more specifically in the 3rd party apps cuz that's the only stuff that's in the phone, other than the built-ins...that's why it has to be one of the downloaded apps. The PC backups show 10.8GB's, which is consistent with what shows in the storage details on my phone, but I actually only have <2GB's of data on phone...so some app cache is corrupt or the data reader is wrong?...I just wish the phone storagr details would brreak out what data is in the "System"....it lists the apps and their respective data, but not what makes up the "System"...more to come!....

Guru II

There are three databases you can see. Settings, Application Data, and Media. What are the sizes of each?

Guru II

Backup databases are what I'm referring to.

Trusted Contributor

I can't remember without going back to LINK, but almost the data is in the applications, very little in the settings, and only about 2GB of the 32GB's available on the media card.

Guru II

Just wipe and don't restore the app data.

Trusted Contributor

ok, and that's when I'll re-enter each app one by one