Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Active Sync not syncing Calendar and Contacts

I have an issue with syncing calendar and contacts with our enterprise CRM.

The system uses microsoft exchange active sync standards to communicate.

Any device works fine, android and ios work flawless.

The setup runs fine and cmpletes with no issues. However there are not contacts or appointments shown on the mobile.

It is possibel to do a remote search on the crm system but it seems no data is synces automatically.

I really hope for an solution as this is a real shwostopper and would force us to switch to ios or android.

Thanks for you assistance in advance

New Contributor
My Device: Z30, Z10, Q10
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Active Sync not syncing Calendar and Contacts

I have the exact same problem ever since I upgraded from the Z10 to the Z30. Everything was working fine on the Z10.

Now I have already reset the Z30 twice today in hopes that it will magically fix something.

Overall the software experience has been horrible.

The phone crashes every time it connects to a new wifi signal for the first time.

Active sync is completely erratic. Even emails don't come through in any regular manner. Calendar does not sync at all and contacts may or may not sync. It is a complete guessing game.

Battery life also is nowhere near 25 hours of 'mixed' use. I have looked at this the other way so far in hopes that it is because the phone is being setup for the firs time.

Really frustrated with this Z30 and the BB10 experience in general. Unfortunately I am very heavily invested in it now as I foolishly got my whole family to 'upgrade' to BB10.

New Contributor

Sorry to hear but I think you got some hardware issues with the device.

I am very happy with the z30 it is a great device.

Battery life is outstanding and performance is fantastic.

My only issue is the active sync with this particular server...

However the support is disgusting.....Sorry to say but issues with my iphones were solved is very short time while for bb i do not even have an official support contact.

This is inaceptable for an enterprise device.

New Contributor
My Device: Z30, Z10, Q10
My Carrier: Airtel

I would have accepted it to be a one off issue if I had only one BB10 device. However, I have 4 BB10 devices in my family, all of which were bought by me. Interestingly enough, all four have been bought from different sellers. And ALL four have major issues.

The TWO Z10s we have give a faulty battery reading. They go from 100 to 0% in less than 90 minutes and then keep on going for about 8 hours or so at 0%. And this is not a one off issue. This happens every single day.

One of the Z10s and the Q10 keep restarting. The Q10 in fact randomly restarts 3-4 times in a single day!

Many times the Z10 will disable from a wifi network saying it has limited internet connectivity while by other devices work just fine on the same wifi network and the same exact spot. I have to go into settings, enable the network and reconnect to it and then it starts to work again.

On the Z10s and Q10s, if you setup an account as an active sync, the phone's calendar app will not let you email participants. This apparently is a 'bug' that BB is aware about and it working to resolve. I read this over a month ago and even at that point the comment was old.

The 10.2 has a feature called 'I am running late' for its calendar app. Theoretically it is to let you email all participants when you are running late for a meeting. I have tried this on both the Z10s and the Z30 and it DOES NOT WORK. I have tried it with personal gmail accounts (free accounts) as well as company email setup as IMAP and CALDAV (since active sync in any case won't let me send emails from the calendar app). The phone shows a notification saying the email has been sent after I select how late I am going to be. However, there is no email in my sent box and the participants don't receive any email either.
New Contributor

sorry to hear but i have no issues with all bbs we own.

if i were in your position id simply return the devices to the vendor.