Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: bharthi airtel

Battery Back up in Z30

hi

i just bought this Z30 from DUABI - just 15 days back. i am  residing in India. earlier, i was using BB Bold 9780, which was also a good hand set, which i wanted to upgrade, and bought Z30.  i have transfered all the datas from my Bold 9780 to my NEW Z30. the problem is that, the battery withstands for just 2,3 hours and completely drain after that. i have to charge this Z30 whole night and after this charging, the batter just lasts for 3 hours. i have checked the "HELP" Options towards "saving battery life" and reduced the screen brightness, closed all wi fi, closed all addl. apps, reduced mdeia volume, switched off blue tooth, voice control and GPS. now, i am just using Z30 for just making calls and to attend incoming calls. even not using SMS. even though, the batter back up is very poor. what would be the possible reason for this????? will there be any problem in my hand set or Z30's real capacity is just 3 hours only???????????

please clarify....

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Battery Back up in Z30

Good day

You might want to remove your # off your profile "My Settings" then go to "Personal Information " then scroll down "My Carrier" remove your # then add your service provider name.
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

there is a task manager to see if an app is using CPU a lot

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Reply: Battery Back up in Z30

hi

noted the details and thanx for the concerns.

but, u know, i am just using this Z30 for incoming and outgoing calls now, additionally, using text messages.

even, i am not using BBM and have not even activated by email acccounts in this Z30.

have switched off, all the applications and still, i come across this problem.

i am using this Z30, just for 10 days time. seems, i have to hand carry the charger along with me.

i am breaking my head literally.

how is the battery back  up in your Z30?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Reply: Battery Back up in Z30

do you have a micro SD card installed?

try running with out it

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

When you transfered the data, did you by chance transfer any of the configurations from the other phone?  There may be some type of conflict somewhere that is using more than necessary resources. 

I would wipe the Z30, and re-install the operating system. Then I would make sure I transfer only the contacts, SD card content, and personal notes. I would not transfer the preferences. I would go in to the Z30 and manually set up the preferences myself. 

If this does not work call Blackberry support. 

Jerry G.
Contributor

THANX - Battery Back up in Z30

hi

i tried that also.

still the battery drains quickly.

i have returned the handset to the seller. he said, will check with blackberry service center and will call me back.

anyhow, thanx for your suggestions.

Contributor

hi

i tried that also.

still the battery drains quickly.

i have returned the handset to the seller. he said, will check with blackberry service center and will call me back.

anyhow, thanx for your suggestions.