Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: telstra

Blackberry in Australia

I went to get the Z30 blackberry phone yestereday. so far totally exstatic. what a great improvement on my previous tourch 9910. I got my blackberry bridge working, piece of cake to my blackberry tablet.  

Was nearly talked out of the Z30 for another phone, but I stood my ground on the phone based on previous experience with blackberry phone. I hope i don't become dissappointed as time goes on.

love the screen system, the touch screen works really well, phone is clear when talking on it.

issues encountered;

1. Not a lot of support here in Australia.
  2. The 10.2 os update kept dropping out, eventually it loaded.
  3. had some issues in setting up my email accounts. the video isn't as simple is explain. but once I knew how to enter the pop address information all good.
  4. still dissappointed on the excel doc file. still doesn't display all my info in windows 7 /office 2010 with all the fonts in the blackberry excel, really disappointing on that issue as the new sumsung phone & tablet transfer all. if anyone knows how to fix the issue I would like to know the solution. hopefully its not another version of docs.

Personal Views;

1. Get rid of the majority of stupid games.
  2. concerntrate more on the business aspect for apps
  3. Get the phone into business here is Australia on a larger scale, Blackberry is not high known here, Advertising is fairly poor for marketing.

Solutions: 6,395
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry in Australia

Great! It's a very nice piece of hardware.

What games are you speaking of, those available in AppWorld? Do you realize BlackBerry has gone through years of users asking "we want more stupid games?" and such?

If you have specific ideas for business apps... by all means propose some ideas. Many app developers are on this forum and might just take up your idea! Good luck.
Enjoy it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

I'm not reffering to particular games.

I find ironic that idea of smart phones is that it's marketed as a business tool for the majority of business yet people are worried about what games are available. I use my phone as intended to be an advanatage for my business & personnal use. I don't have the time to waste on playing games. Other people may do so to pass time but I'm not in that position.

I look for apps that are a great advantage to my business in order to make things quicker & easier to use with the results that I need to do as an engineer. I do a lot of my work in excel to which I'm disappointed that blackbeery Doc's don't do as I expect it to do. I use a lot of thirdy party drawings in my excel spread sheets & blackberry doesn't transfer them in to there excel spread sheet. Why !!!

If blackberry are only going to cater for the very basic document level why waste valuable business time in only producing a substandard tool, in my view it should equal something like mircosofts office programs where all is shared & transferable from elctronic machine to another. Technology is a wonderfull thing but to much of it is designed in opposition rather then collaborative.

The Z30 is a great work tool & if blackberry did what I need it to do on my blackberry tablet & phone I wouldn't have purchased the sumsung tablet to do my protable work on site as needed.

I'm not knocking the intent just the lack of ability to do what I need it to do.

Either cater for the correct needs to the customers you want to support or following the direction of the games people that cater for the simple minded amusement.

I find SheetsToGo more usable on a BlackBerry than any other spreadsheet app on iOS or Android. It's rather great for a mobile device.

As far as the games..., assuming you would allow other people to use their device in the way and with the apps/games they choose, I don't see the issue. You can choose to download and play the games in AppWorld, or not. You choose not to do so but you think it's silly that others might enjoy the downtime? Tomato, Tomahto.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

I'm not knocking the games apps, i simply don't see the need the for so many game apps for a business tool. Granted many will have a different view.  

I don't believe you read my last post correctly, the point I was making was about the 3rd party drawings I use on my spread sheets, those drawing are a part of the sheets itself & is a essential part of the document. if you know I can them to work on my blackberry tablet, i will try it to see if it works, I would prefer to use it than the sumsung but so far no matter what I have tried nothing will transfer the pictures with the excel files. 

Contributor

Just to let you know the phone is working out better then expected. really pleased with it. Still working out a few different operational items but very happy with the phone.

Great, feel free to come back and ask questions if you have them.

Knowledge Base Updates