Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z30
My Carrier: Home Shopping

Blackberyy z30 dead

i bought brand new blackberry z30 and i recieved its upgrade but when i updated it, it went dead. then no screen and no result. i returned it to the supplier and they said that device is dead and nothing can be done! means my Rs.50K is total loss! 
my question is that is updating mobile is a crime? whats my mistake? i used the phone only for 4hours and even i didnot placed sim in it....
PLEASE PROVIDE ANY OFFICIAL INFORMATION REGARDING THAT !

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberyy z30 dead

If your phone went dead on you almost as soon as you got it, you should be talking to the seller about getting a replacement or refund (as you stated you did already). If it's a cell carrier, they should replace it under warranty. If it's a retailer, they should have a refund policy in place for items that are defective. Either way, getting it exchanged or refunded is probably best.

If that doesn't pan out, post back here and we'll see if we can do some diagnostic tests on it to see what went wrong. Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z30
My Carrier: Home Shopping

Re: Blackberyy z30 dead

i have contacted thier CEO, he said might be the screen is dead due to over heating but he said its just a thinking. not sure about that..... but i am confused that how can the device be overheated in 4 hours just because of an update?

is it possible? thier CEO have stated that he will be dealing with it, if the device is dead then he will look in to it that what should be done. he said might the phone will be thrown into dump and may be they will give me a replacement? but i dont know what will be done. their lab experts have tried a lot but device didnot come to LIVE.

i am in great tention,.....