Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 10
My Carrier: Z10 Rogers

CIBC APP

Hi does anyone know if the CIBC App with blackberry 10 can take picture of your cheque and deposit to your account. Thanks
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: CIBC APP

Why not just download it and try it out? it's free.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

And, if it doesn't work on the BB10 app you can always install the Android version and see if it works. I use the Android versions of SunTrust and Washington Federal mobile banking apps and the eDeposit works fine with those apps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

If the reviews for the app are any indication, the cheque deposit feature (or "e-deposit" as I believe they call it) is not available yet. Funny, because I thought the ads on TV were touting it as a feature.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Regular Contributor

I have a 9900 that needs replacing. If blackberry 10 cannot do an edeposit with the CIBC app I will have to look at another platform. I need this for my business. If I sideload the android version, will it work.
Guru II

It's not available on "other platforms" either. We're discussing the Android version here which you can load on BB10.

Regular Contributor

Thanks so I can load the android version of the app and everything should work fine.
Guru II

The only version available is the Android version.  The BB10 device will need to be running OS 10.2.1.1925 or higher in order to install the Android version. 

If the device has that OS version (or higher) then install Snap by following the instructions here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-Applications-for/You-Upgraded-to-OS-10-2-1-and-wan...

Once Snap is installed then you can use Snap just like BBWorld to install Android applications from the Google Play Store.

If you don't have OS 10.2.1.1925 or higher on the device you can update it by following the instructions here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Upgrading-BB10-OS-Using-Sach...

I installed the CIBC Mobile Banking app and it seems to run fine, though I can't sign in because I don't have a CIBC account.  I have the SunTrust and Washington Federal mobile banking apps from the Google Play Store and both work fine and allow me to do mobile or edeposits. 

Sidenote:  Not all Android apps will run exactly as designed on the BlackBerry10 device.  While nearly all Android apps I've installed (I have close to 30 on my Z10) do work with no issues, you may run into the occasional app that doesn't work or doesn't work exactly as designed. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thanks I think I will now get the Z30.  Also, I'm not the most tech person.  Is that Snap pretty easy to install.  Thanks for all your help.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Belladog wrote:

Is that Snap pretty easy to install.  

If you follow @John_Clark 's instructions, it's a "Snap" to install. See what I did there?  Smiley Wink

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.