Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

New Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Canadian holidays on Z30?

Why on earth did BlackBerry NOT INCLUDE Canadian holidays with the calendar that comes with the Z30? Not impressed, and I don't use Outlook to sync my calendar.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Canadian holidays on Z30?

Many people, especially those not in Canada wouldn't want those holidays.

They have never included any data in a calendar on any BB device, ever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

BlackBerry should change their thinking, it's what got them in trouble in the first place. If I buy an Android device in Canada and sync my calendar with Google, then my holidays show up, I would think if I bought an Android device in any other country, then those holidays would show up as well. Just because BB has chosen this path does not make it right. I'm just venting my frustration out on BB not you so thanks for getting back.
Super Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

And then there's that mid-February holiday... different provinces have it on different days.

Some provinces make Rememberance a holiday and others do not.
http://www.statutoryholidays.com/

I'm still trying to find why this date is held on different months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSBq8geuJk0&hd=1

Who thinks Black Friday should be a holiday???

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

With an Android device you are just syncing with Google Calendar (It's just an automatic setup.)

Create and Add an Outlook.com account and sync their holiday calendar to the device. You don't even have to use the email and contacts feature, just sync the calendar. Takes only a few minutes. That's where I get my holiday calendar.

All that said, I've been active on BB Forums for 10 years now (very active). You're only the first or second person I've ever seen have an issue over this. While I acknowledge it may be important to you, it's obviously not that important to most, making it a very low priority item.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

I guess you just got to dumb it down for some. Thanks for the input.