Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Email display: "you were cc'd" and "next message" arrow

I have two unrelated questions:

1. One feature that I miss from my Torch is that when I was cc'd on an email message, if I opened the message, the very first line would say "you were cc'd".  So it was clear as soon as I started reading the message that it was written to someone else and I was being copied for information.  As far as I can tell, the Z30 hides the addressing information, so the only way to tell if a message was addressed to you or not is, for every single message, to drag down the header information.  Am I missing something?  Is there a setting that will display the "you were cc'd" message in applicable messages?

2. When I open an email message, a "next" and "previous" arrow display in the bottom right hand corner of the screen for a brief instant (between 1 and 2 seconds).  Is there any way to get these arrows back once they disappear?  If not, what is the purpose of the arrows, since the length of the time-out means that they think the only time you'd want to go to your next message directly from your current message is within the first second after opening a message.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Email display: "you were cc'd" and "next message" arrow

Well, I stumbled across the solution to the second problem.  As I mentioned above, if you open a message, a "next" or "previous" arrow will briefly appear at the bottom of the screen.  These arrows are useless for scrolling through messages, unless you open an email and instantly (in 1 second or less) realize that you're not on the message you want and you use the arrows to scroll through messages without returning to the inbox (or other active folder).  They are useless because they disappear in less than 2 seconds.  In fact, I'd say you'd have to start to touch them between 0.25 and 0.5 of a second after opening a message in able to get your finger to the right spot before it disappears.

However, with the first message open, if you drag the screen down (e.g., to see the addressing information that I complained about in part 1 of my above post), then the arrows will reappear (albeit for less than 2 seconds again).  From that point, it appears that the arrows will reappear with any drag of the screen up or down (but not, it would appear, with any tap or "hold" of the screen that doesn't include a drag).

It is always nice to stumble upon these solutions.  It would be even better if they were intuitive.  Even knowing this was the solution, I wasn't able to find the instruction in the user guide (see page 78 for the closest functionality).