Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

Highlighted
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

Old Torch email functionality on new z30

Just got my z30 a couple of days ago, after having a Torch for a few years.  

On the Torch, I had the email filters set to NOT send any mail to me by default.  I would then add filters for each person who needed to get a hold of me right away.  Everyone else would need to wait until I get back to my desk, or for the following day.  This practice provided me with several good nights of sleep, since stock messages from India or overnight progress reports would not be seen until I got into the office and was able to do something about it.

I can't find a similar feature on the z30.  Is there one?  I cannot set my phone to silent, because there are notifications that could come to me at 2:00am that WOULD need my immediate attention.  The closest thing that I can find is priority hub,  but that doesn't stop the notifications from stating that I have SPAM in my non-priority queue.  

Is this an old complaint?  Did I miss this in the FAQ?

Solutions: 6,348
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Old Torch email functionality on new z30

Quite honestly all of those needs can solved with the leaked 10.2.1.1055 OS.

You can set per contact audible alerts and have all others on silent notifications.

You can set certain contacts to the Priority Hub.

You cannot filter only certain email to your BlackBerry.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code