Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

My Device: Z30
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Sell The Z30 STA100-5 Direct to Consumers in the US!!!

I would love to have a smart phone that is not an iPhone or Android. The Z30 is what I want, and I don't want to be on Verizon. I use T-Mobile in the States and travel internationally often. I would pick one up tomorrow if it were made available direct to consumers or through T-Mobile!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Please Sell The Z30 STA100-5 Direct to Consumers in the US!!!

I am in the EXACT same situation. I firmly agree with this. Come on Blackberry. You have a huge market that want unlocked phones directly from you without having to go through the hassles of contracts and other unlocking issues.

My money is in my hand right now!!! Let's do this!
New Contributor
My Device: Z30 - PRIV
My Carrier: Rogers/Fido

[ Edited ]

I am in the same boat myself, except I live in Canada. I am quite upset with the local carriers that supposedly carry the Z30. 

Telus and Rogers told me no one has one in stock. The sales reps are just interested in a quick sale, commission and pushing Android or iPhone.

Let me fill you in on my BB history. I used to have a Bold 9000 in my corporate days, and still today miss a few features that were BB specific... I switched to the iPhone when the Torch was finally released due to the fact that it was not the "game changer" it was supposed to be.

I am fully ready to come back to BB, but the local providers are not BB friendly or proactive. If BB took the Google Store appraoch and offered the products directly to consumers with some promotional pricing for a limited time I bet you you would see a huge market shift back to BB!

I want to buy a Z30, I have three friends who also want a Z30 and we are getting nowhere with the mentioned carriers (Telus and Rogers) as well as the two retailers who are supposed to have the Z30's (Best Buy and The Source)... The other issue is that I was told if I purchased the phone outright, I couldn't unlock it nor could it be sold to me unless I started a contract with the carriers... talk about sharks!

I feel so discouraged and dissapointed. I would love it if someone from BlackBerry chimed in.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Storm 9530

I completely agree! It's clear that BlackBerry is being shunned by US and Canadian carriers, so BlackBerry should take matters in their own hands. If AT&T and T-Mobile won't sell the Z30, BlackBerry should. Otherwise, a consumer looking for a larger screen is forced him buy Android.
Keith
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I agree & have several friends in the same quest.

archstud, this is a user to user support forum, BlackBerry personnel rarely comment here.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Cosmote

I couldn't agree more with you! BlackBerry is losing clients that way and there are a lot of us telling them to take matters in their own hands! Hope BlackBerry understands this! Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: Z30 - PRIV
My Carrier: Rogers/Fido

JSanders,

Thank you for the replies Smiley Wink

I figured that the chances of a BB representative seeing this here might be slim, but I still have hope Smiley Wink

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: TMobile

Better late than never !!! This has been the inherent problem with Blackberry and thats the reason they are where they are, ALWAYS LATE !!! . Phone was released in Nov 2013 and you take 4 months to get it out to the public (unlocked version). Till now was only with Verizon. C'mon BB you're already out of the game because of your slacker attitude. Now again, where is the White version ???? Simply RIDICULOUS !!! Another 3 months to get the White version out ??? Dont you guys every learn to be ahead of the curve. This attitude of this company has ruined such an amazing product and an amazing company. Unbelievable what people at the top are doing. And to top it all, Mr. Chen is just the same as the previous guy, maybe even worse. The BB leadership still doesent get it why they failed, wasnt because of their product, it was because of their attutude. Look at this, they have launched Z30 , porobably the best phone on the market with the most advanced operating system right now, till now everything was great , BUT who knows about this ??? Probably no-one. NO ADVERTISING. Apple can market their sub-par phone so well, and Blackberry relies on what ??? ...................let me guess............their Loyal Customer Base !!!! Shame on the Blackberry Leadership to have not woken up even now. WAKE UP !!!!!! Be Aggresive , Be Confident of your product and Be ahead of the curve. Atleast for the sake of your Loyal Customers !!!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

You can get a Z30 here now

http://store.shopblackberry.com/store/bbrryus/home

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: TMobile

A WHITE Z30 ? where ? I still see the website selling Black Z30's.

See this is the issue with the company, LISTEN to the your customers.