Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Z30
My Carrier: Etisalat

Problems transferring data from Z10 to Z30

Hi, I'm having issues transferring all my data through Link between my Z10 and new Z30, because the software on the two phones is different. I have 10.2.0.424 on the Z10 and 10.2.0.224 on the Z30. When I do a software update on the Z30, it says it is up to date. Anyone know when the updated software is going to be available for the Z30? I live in the UAE and my service provider is Etisalat (who don't know the answer). Thanks!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Problems transferring data from Z10 to Z30

You can edit your backup file if you want

http://www.mondoblackberry.com/en/blackberry-10-restoring-backup-after-a-firmware-downgrade/

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Developer
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Cosmote

You can download blackberry link and then you will be able to back up and restore all data and files you need!
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

vmisirlis wrote:
You can download blackberry link and then you will be able to back up and restore all data and files you need!

you did not read the post and that is not the issue

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: z30
My Carrier: Telus

I have the same issue going from a z10 at .429 to a z30 at .415 and it won't even let me do a selective restore to the z30 from a z10 backup ...... not good 

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

I had the same problem with Verizon.  I tried the "hack" where you open the bbb file and manually change the version number of the backup and try to restore it, but was unsucessful.  (However it dawned on me just now that the software version and OS version are not the same so I might have put in the wrong number).

So instead of trying to just tough it out on my own (or with my fellow suffers) I decided to let our friends at RIM (that is what they have online still so apparently that is what they want to be called) have some fun.  3.5 hours on the phone.  Guess what?  My sweet girlfriend (who has had a Q10 for 1 week yesterday) figured out that you can export Password Keeper data from the Z10 onto the SD card then import into Z30.  Not RIM, but the novice user patiently listening to the call.  So I got that data.  However I was unable to restore ANY OTHER data from the older Z10 to the brand spanking new Z30 even with RIM's finest on the line.  This is unacceptable.

If RIM is going to sell phones then they need a migration path that works.  This is not complicated.  They are just not paying attention.

Number of computers used:  2.  Cost :  $4,000

Time used:  3.5 hours   My Cost:  $350

Number Blackberrys:  2  Cost:  $1,000

Summary:  So with $5,000 of hardware, three people (2 with at least 10 years of BB experience and the person with RIM who had at least 3.5 hours of BB experience by the end of the call) spending 10.5 man hours could not transfer 1gb of data from one $500 device to another while in the same room using the latest hardware, operating systems, software and with at least 2 USB cords.  

**** Editorial Content Follows ****

I had 120 passwords, and in retrospect it would have taken me about an hour to type them into a new phone if I knew in advance what I was going to end up with.  In fact to avoid the whole problem my girlfriend probably would have typed them in for me.  But she REALLY loves Blackberry even more than me.

I really, really want to like RIM.  I could have bought ANY phone.  My email service provider does not BES10 so I'm using ActiveSync anyhow.  BBM works on other platforms.  But this is crazy and unacceptable.  How long do we loyal users have to tell them that they need to get their **bleep** together before they actually start to get their **bleep** together.  Its the details.  Apple products just work and I can go to the store to get someone to help when they don't.  When you call RIM directly you get a voice jail.  The price is the same.  The quality and customer service should be too.

RIM got fat, rich, and lazy on the backs of big corporate customers who provided almost all of the tech support at no expense to them.  Dealing with the consumer was (and maybe still is) beneath them.  Then the founders bailed with the cash and left the company to find its own way.

Well when RIM was the only push email provider in the World, then they could get away with that sort of arrogance.  I remember looking at my Congressman's (now Governor's) Blackberry in awe of the instant wireless email and communication that it could provide.  It was like magic!  But when kids can buy a Samsung for $20 on Craig's List and have almost the exact same almost instant communications experience, RIM has to bring a better game.  If they don't then I'm not sure what my next phone will be.

* Why 2 computers?  Well for some reason RIM software never seems to work properly with Mac computers.  The WebEx would not work on my iMac with 10.9 (the latest OS) due to the fact that it wanted to run a Flash plug in so old that it was not permitted, so I had to find another computer to use.  The tech support person asked if I had Internet Explorer.  ;-)  No.  Just no.