Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T Wireless

Re: STA100-1 Z30 Release

I was responding to your comment that "it" needed to be released by the carriers. I was under the impression you were talking about the STA100-1 which is what this thread was about.
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Exactly.

It's my feeling that, at least for now, that model variant has been abandoned. We'll see...

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

The only issue I see with the "abandoned" theory is that the STA100-1 is referenced at the end of the Z30 owner's manual. Had it been canceled, you would think BlackBerry would remove its existence from the owner's manual too. My guess is that it has already been manufactured and sits unsold in a warehouse while they unload as many STA100-5 models as they can on Shop BlackBerry. I also believe that aliens did in fact land in Roswell, NM, so my conspiracy theory should be taken at face valueSmiley LOL

Contributor

I don't think a lack of updating information somewhere is conclusive of anything. They could just be lazy.

Here is the exact wording I got from someone at BlackBerry:
"Unfortunately the model you wanted, STA100-1, does not exist. It was created specifically for AT&T, but because AT&T did not take the phone, it was never manufactured."

Based upon that pretty definitive statement I would say it's no longer a theory. That does prevent AT&T from changing their minds in the last future, but considering they still haven't released an OS update since 10.1 when all Verizon and T-Mobile have, I consider AT&T's support of BlackBerry to be pretty non-existent.
New Contributor

Did you get your Z30 from Shop BlackBerry, HotFix? Or did you cancel the order too?
Contributor

I ordered my Z30 from Shop BlackBerry after being lied to by either a BB or Digitial River employee (I got bounced between the two so many times during my hour long phone call to find out) that it was an STA100-1.

They refused to cancel my order even though it was back ordered, which is just plain absurd, so I through a hissy fit over twitter which got me in touch with someone at BB who was able to cancel my order. They are the ones who made the statement when I asked about the eventual availability of the STA100-1.

Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess I was curious if you went ahead with the purchase of the STA100-5 (I saw your CB response where you discovered it was not an STA100-1) . I was looking for your feedback on whether or not it was doing well enough to justify losing the U.S. LTE band support since the STA100-5 doesn't really support LTE here very well. If the performance in cellular service is minimal loss, it might still be worth it. Otherwise, the Q20 and the Q30/Q50 (SQW100) are right around the corner.