Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB Bold>Playbook>Z30
My Carrier: Verizon

Sending group email deleted from all 10.0 BB's, inc the Z30l

Well, I have 1600+ contacts, and about 1000 of them are in 15 different groups, some as large as 200 in a group...BB eliminating group emails is unbelievable!. My only use for a BB would be as a paper weight,...so I'm going to get a Galaxy and bluetooth all the contacts over to it from my Bold. I will also keep my Bold so that I can still send the large group emails..until I eventually rebuild all the groups into the Galaxy. However, an app sold by a guy named "Boris" supposedly works great, especially on the new BB's. So that may be an option for you all that want to stay wth BB. The app he sells is called SMSbyNow. He even called me to discuss the app. His email is support@manysmallapps.com....That may be an alternative, but not for me. Sadly,after 15 years as a loyal BB user, its bye bye Blackberry. Good luck to all!

Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telekom Germany

Re: Sending group email deleted from all 10.0 BB's, inc the Z30l

I actually installed SMSbyNow for the same reason recently.

But I just read this news on CrackBerry today: with the upcoming OS 10.2.1 you'll have the ability to create and set groups within the contacts app.

I think this is the feature we are looking for ...

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB Bold>Playbook>Z30
My Carrier: Verizon

Hmm, I spent 2 hours with RIM today, and with an Asurian coach at Verizon. Both said no plans to add group contact function....at least that they knew of. Which forum at Crackbry stated it would be in next update?

Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telekom Germany

here is the link to the announcement:

More new features turn up in OS 10.2.1 including contact profiles, Q10 speed dial, new BBM icons and... 

Search for 'Contact Groups'.