Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Telus

Sim Card Removed, Result SD Card wiped

After having removed my Sim Card, then re-installing it, I found that all of the SD Card Memory had been wiped or was unreadable. It is still showing in properties that 15 out of 32 GB of memory has been used (specifically in my Video folder). Has anyone else had this happen?
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Sim Card Removed, Result SD Card wiped

Have you tried rebooting the device by holding the power button down for about 10 seconds. Hold it down through the countdown, through the red LED, and until the BB logo comes up upon reboot.

I've removed my sim card many times and it never affected anything on the sd card. Something else has to be up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Telus

Something else may also have been a cause to this problem. I'd already tried rebooting. In fact I presently use the Z30, the micro SD card can't be read by it my old phone the Z10 or my computer. But they all show 15 of 32 GB of storage used under properties, and no files can be read. If I come across the answer I'll post it.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

possible the SD card was corrupted by chance at the same time

there are recovery programs for a PC that you can get and in most cases for free to get your stuff back

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V