Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

My Device: Blackberry Z30
My Carrier: MTS

Thumbnails Don't Refresh

So here's the story. I have a work phone that's all sync'ed up with my company's server. If I send an email, it goes through the work server. Fine for work, but not fine when something sensitive comes my way.

So my girlfriend decides to send a naked picture of herself through text messaging. Nice to have something like that to brighten my work day! I save it to the media card. When I get home, I put the media card in my computer (I use Linux) and copy the file over to my hard drive. I then delete the file from the media card, empty my trash folder, and put the media card back into the phone. All is good, correct? NO.

I go to browse my pictures and the picture is still there in thumbnail form. I try to delete it, and I get an error message saying I cannot. I try to edit it, and I get an error message saying I cannot. The picture is stuck there for all to see when I go browse my pictures. I don't need my parents seeing it, my boss seeing it, my co-workers seeing it, or my girlfriend seeing it. But it is stuck there.

I had to go delete the .dat files on the media card to eliminate the thumbnails. WHY???

PLEASE FIX THIS BUG.