Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Z30 - Battery and Heating Issue

ah, I don't know what OS version you're on. OS 10.2.1.xxx will have that.

So, meanwhile, you can download a third party like TaskManager to see if there are any apps running in the background you don't know about. You can find that in AppWorld.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Dialog Telekom

Hi Sorry I could not post back earlier as I wanted to be sure before i wrote back on this thread...

So if you read Post #1 on this thread you will know the issue i was facing, so i sent back my device back to dubai to my uncle who took the device and returned it back to the shop and a week later as he was flying to my country for a short vacation he braught me a new device...apparently it was a device deffect and the shop people sent me a brand new sealed box z30 and now i get around 2 days of battery with 4G connected 24/7 and all my accounts such as outlook, fb, twitter, whatsapp, linkedin all connected

SO incase your having battery drainage issue do not test for too long just send the device back

New Contributor
My Carrier: Singtel

Have bough Z30 3 days ago, 1st day battery life - hardly 6 hrs, 2nd -  9hrs, 3rd day after whole day in the office regime still have 66% and 1 day remaining.

No need panic when you have your battery shor functioningt and heated after have your OS upgrated, J Sanders gave very correct advise, wait for 48-72 hrs before rise red flags. Thanks a lot to J Sanders 

Regular Contributor
My Device: No device
My Carrier: BSNL, India

Having same problem on my Q10. Got solution try may help on z30 also. Go to settings > accounts > on each account you added change sync interval from 5 min 30 or max which suites you. Then on " Use push if supported ". This will not stop you from getting instant messages mails but significantly low heat on my Q10
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Priv
My Carrier: Fido

jPush wrote:
Having same problem on myQ10. Got solution try may help onz30 also. Go to settings > accounts > on each account you added change sync interval from 5 min 30 or max which suites you. Then on " Use push if supported ". This will not stop you from getting instant messages mails but significantly low heat on myQ10

The heat and (extremely) reduced battery life it is not entirely caused by doing changes to the synch interval. The synch interval is just a small percentage of the problem. The above mentioned setting works best if you wanna save your data consumption....although, emails eat very little data unless you have large file attachments.

As mentioned earlier in this post, after setting up your accounts, the first few days will generally be spent, by your device, with synching contacts, emails, calendar entries, etc. The more accounts you have to synch, the longer time this will take.

Also, poor reception can and will drain battery since the phone will be constantly searching for network connection.

Apps are also contributing to battery battery drainage by using the phone`s resources.... Location ON, GPS, Internet Connectivity, Permission to run in the background, etc....

Generally, this issues are settled my the phone in the first few days of synching but is the issue persists, a reboot of the device setlles this issues     

New Contributor

having had 2xZ30 and now Passport can clasiffy battery problems this way:

1. HARMONIZATION period - new phone, battery live 5-6 hrs from full charge, 2-5 days takes for all accounts and newly updated software to harmonize with mail servers. Solution - keep usb cable on hands to re-charge battery wherever possible during this period

2. ADOPTATION period - while you travel overseas, after changing sim card (mobile network operator), can have HARMONIZATION period again. Solution - travelling overseas keep extra mobile phone for local sim card use.

For people just thinking of buying above mention models described probelms sound as headache

But  for BB  lovers above issues are manageble

My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Priv

I understand the "harmonization" period however it never took more than a few hours for my phone to synch in with all accounts, emails, contacts, calendar entries.
And for some reason it never got as hot as described in numerous other posts. I'm not denying what other users are reporting but probably there is more to it.
I also travel overseas, at least once a year and I have a Samsung S3 and BlackBerry Z30 - both unlocked - with me. While the battery life on Samsung sucks big time (no more than 12 hours of use and on occasion even less) the Z30 definitely goes the extra mile. Again, I've never noticed such a long harmonization periods with other carriers either.
It also makes a difference if the synch is done over the air or WiFi
New Contributor

Well, happy you are, Im travelling overseas 2 times a month, every time i switch on using new local sim card i have my phone heating and battery drain and once telephone "harmonized"to loca card and network and i come back switching to "home" sim card, i have" welcome back home harmonization" again.  I though of "harmonization memory" to remember all cards  and networks for quick swtitching telephone in future, but unfortunetly it doesnt work this way 

When sync your data, are you doing it over the network or via WiFi?
New Contributor

I understand your point, of course   WIFI should make harmonization quicker if we need to download all from mail server from zero point, but when we have just 2-3 hrs (of  time on the plane ) and switch on telephone back with new sim card, there is not much to download  from server regardles using WIFI or telephone network, right ? This is something what i gave up to underatnd technically, i just use second phone which is Bold 9900 (this one is straight forward eating all sim cards and networks) :-)