Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: z30
My Carrier: o2

z30 freezing and shutting down

I am on my 2 nd z30 in 2 weeks and they have both had a problem with freezing and shutting down, sometimes in mid use and sometimes on its own, can anyone?
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: z30 freezing and shutting down

Hello soggy001

Welcome to http://supportforums.blackberry.com

Make restarted the z30?
If your problem evidences the persistence
Apply a hard reset keep the power button for 30 seconds.

Regards.

I recommend you make a reload of the BlackBerry OS Link

Connect your z30 and run BBLink
Then go to preference and press the reload option software

Let the process do all your work, and then you start setting your BB
And load your backup.

And let us know if your problem evidences the persistence.

You must have the latest version of the BlackBerry Link installed.

Regards.

VIA |  Forums Advisor I

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/My-BB-Z10-is-not-recieving-txt-msgs/m-p/266997...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
New Contributor

I have reset several times even did it just with settings so just had my contacts etc thinking maybe an app was effecting it, nothing is fixing this and as it's my 2nd unit I suspect it's a phone problem or software problem, I love the phone and don't want to have to get another make but this is becoming annoying, I only got my phone at end of oct and already on my 2nd unit Smiley Sad
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

I recommend you make a reload of the BlackBerry OS Link

Connect your z30 and run BBLink
Then go to preference and press the reload option software

Let the process do all your work, and then you start setting your BB
And load your backup.

And let us know if your problem evidences the persistence.

You must have the latest version of the BlackBerry Link installed.

Regards.

VIA |  Forums Advisor I

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/My-BB-Z10-is-not-recieving-txt-msgs/m-p/266997...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
New Contributor

I will try this again, have just done hard reset to see if this helps, dont think I had done this so keeping an eye on it, I'd it continues to shut down I will try reload of software, will let you know how it goes
New Contributor

Hard reset seems to be working for now, hasn't switched off again since, keep fingers crossed, not sure why I forgot about it, think as z10 you could take battery out and this one you can't? Thanks x
New Contributor

unfortunately the hard reset didnt work after all and have also done what you suggested throught blackberry link and when I had finished it turned off and on about 3 times in a row, so that didnt work did it???? any other suggestions, I see little point returning to my supplier and asking for another as this is obviously a fault of the z30, can this be fixed in any other way if not then I can ask for a different phone to be supplied (as in another manufacturer)

thanks

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2876)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Hi soggy001

What version of OS you have installed on your z30

OS recharge did not had success?

Blackberry freezes you entirely and allow you to move?

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution
New Contributor

I think I fixed it, I took the phone cover off and I don't think it switched off since on is 10.2.0.224
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

what phone cover were you using on it?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V