Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Community Corner

Community Manager
Community Manager
My Device: PRIV
My Carrier: Koodo

Help the Community Help You!

[ Edited ]

We know it can be hard to join a new community. There can be lots to learn and it can seem a little overwhelming to start out with. But, there are lots of resources around to help you learn and our community members are pretty fantastic at offering advice. That said, here are a few tips on how to help others to help you faster:

1) Post your question to the correct board

Please do not post technical support questions in any board listed under the 'Community Home' section. These boards are meant to provide a space to bond with other community members and provide feedback for the Administrators regarding the Community overall. Visit the board which is specific to your issue or device to post your question.

2) Update your Profile with Carrier/Device Model

If it wasn't mandatory when you registered (prior to May 2011), you will want to update your profile to include this very key information. By listing this information in your profile, it will help other users to more easily assist you and save you both some time. To update, go to the 'My Settings' link in the user navigation bar, then click the link for 'Personal Information' and complete the fields for both BlackBerry Device and Carrier.

3) Provide a descriptive, yet concise subject line

Please be sure to be descriptive in the subject line. For instance, "Trouble upgrading BBM using BlackBerry 10 version 10.2" will yield more attention and likely more responses than "Please Help Me!" Giving other users an idea about your issue without forcing them to open the post is very helpful.

4) In the Body, outline your issue in detail

The more information about your issue and device/software that you can provide to other users, the easier it will be for them to assist you. If you've tried a few solutions already, it would helpful to outline those as well. Use bullet points to be clear and concise.

Hopefully the above tips will assist you in getting your technical issues addressed by other members of the community in a timely manner. If you have any further questions about the community, please don't hesitate to send us a Private Message and we'll be glad to assist with community-related questions :robotveryhappy:

Did you know that PRIV & the DTEK50 come with 12 months of free, complimentary support?

PRIV: Call 1-866-533-8067 (Canada\USA), or 0800-141-3330 (UK)

DTEK50: Call 1-855-556-2522 (Canada\USA), or 0800-141-3330 (UK)

Follow me on Twitter and subscribe to the Inside BlackBerry Help Blog