Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Community Corner

Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Tell us your story

I had a cover for it made she only needs to step on the phone and it calls 911 she barks into the phone. They use the GPS and can send help. I have new found freedom it is amazing.

I only so wish they left the little wholes on the phone for the lerate, it would help a ton with the dog. I so hope there is a slider coming with the new 10.

I guess I got lucky, maybe there needs to be a pssword on opening or to remove the cover so people can not get the sim cards out?
New Developer
My Device: 9520 Storm2
My Carrier: Airtel

Well you were lucky enough because many a times it does not trace. And had your phones battery drained it would not even have buzzed.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

yes, all that is luck. But BlackBerry Protect exists and this is not luck. It is because RIM cares about that and provides such a great service.
And Mari Schaaf understood why it is important to use BlackBerry Protect before your device is lost/stolen.

so, congratulations Mari Schaaf for using BlackBerry Protect before being stolen.

About the special case, I would really like to have more information about it, Mari, if it is okay with you.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300 3G
My Carrier: Idea

Hey My Blackberry friends,
Today I want to share how my Blackberry 9300 helped me as well as my Sir Dr Dravid.
With his family. Dr Dravid was on south India tour. On the 3 rd day he was to travel about 500 km .He was in KUMBHKONUM in south India and heading towards SRIVILLIPUTHUR ,500+ km away from kumbhkonum, and he lost his GPS navigatinon system and also internet connection gets failed.He was totally unknown about that area and road. Then he called me and asked to navigate him ,because he was knowing that I am having Blackberry . I was exactly 1200 km away from him . This was a time to help my Sir,I had already downloades Wisepilot Navigation application through Blackberry apps World.. Without any delay I opend Wisepilot and entered starting point as KUMBHKONUM and end point as SRIVILLIPUTHUR. And my Blackberry done rest of all the thing. It showed me nearest road .I called My Sir and directed him on correct road. Then my Boss asked me to search Hotel to stay at SRIVILLIPUTHUR. And send him contact numbers of that hotels . This task also completed by my Blackberry . All hotels with their location and contact numbers were searched by Wisepilot.I sent all the adresses and contact info to my Sir,he called that hotels and booked suite for his family . He reached safely at SRIVILLIPUTHUR. 10pm and had comfort night at pre-booked Hotel. Thus my Blackberry helped me a lot . So my Blackberry is. Most truthfull friend to me .Without it ,I can't live for a minute ." My World is My Blackberry".
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

who prebooked the hotel room? was it done by a phone call or through a specific application?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300 3G
My Carrier: Idea

Xandrex,
When I gave exact location and phone numbers of hotels in Srivilliputhur, My Sir Dr.Dravid ,called that numbers and booked that hotel rooms. Thanks
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi Mari, I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciated your post. In my opinion it's the 2010 winner!! Thanks for sharing your positive attitude with us all, it's very rewarding to all of us here at the forums. Notice your post has 200 views, that's 200 users you have reached and hopefully inspired. If you can provide more information on your setup and a picture if possible, I'm sure that many users with service animals would be quite grateful. Let us know if we can be of any assistance. Thanks and Merry Christmas. Bifocals
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Viettel

Thank for sharing your story. And I love RIM more when I read it.

I fall in love with BlackBerry at first glance. I have used BB Curve 8900 three years ago and now I still use it. I am waiting for BB 10 to upgrade my phone.

In RIM we trust.

Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Would that not be 2012 and not 2010?
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

im sorry to post a thread here as I just cant work out where I can put a new thread. I had 4 devices on bb protect and now the protect site is only showing 3 devices. The device thats no longer showing was stolen a year ago but I left that device on protect so one day I can locate the stolen device. any suggestions why this has happened?