Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Community Feedback and Ideas

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9600
My Carrier: multiple

Forum Frustrations

[ Edited ]

I am very frustrated with little things that are not working correctly.

When I visit this site I have to re set my password every time because the login process has some kind of glitch.

Once I have logged into this site navigation is very very very difficult. It is hard to monitor prior posts and I find myself getting lost over and over again.

When I want to post a new topic it is impossible to find the link to post a new topic. In this example I am replying to someone else's post.

When someone visits this area of the Blackberry web site they do so because they are frustrated by the way their devices operate. Having a clunky difficult to navigate support area does not fill me with confidence.

I feel as though there is an artificial barrier caused by poor design in order to for the Blackberry user group to share best practises. Anyway end of rant. I would prefer to find support on a good old fashion news group.

Highlighted
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Big problems with the whole support community thing

Sorry you're having these issues... However, I don't understand why you are. I haven't noticed any login or password issues, and I haven't noticed anyone else posting they are experiencing the same. Perhaps for yourself, next time you login, set the login to remember you next time, which will place a cookie in your machine to bypass the login ON that machine.

markyg wrote:

When I want to post a new topic it is impossible to find the link to post a new topic. In this example I am replying to someone else's post.

On the main page of the forum and every page of the forum you'll notice at the top of the page three main headers for General, Business and Developers. Click on General and you'll find the various forum sections for all model versions, software, Playbook, etc. Click on any of those sections and just under the GENERAL section header at the upper left, you'll find a NEW MESSAGE button. Clicking on that opens a new, fresh thread of your own.

markyg wrote:

Once I have logged into this site navigation is very very very difficult. It is hard to monitor prior posts and I find myself getting lost over and over again.

To find your own posts and threads in which you've previously posted, at the upper left Click on you OWN name, and you will be presented with a synopsis of your own forum activity, including your five most recent threads (clicking on VIEW ALL will give you all).

markyg wrote:

When someone visits this area of the Blackberry web site they do so because they are frustrated by the way their devices operate. Having a clunky difficult to navigate support area does not fill me with confidence.

I feel as though there is an artificial barrier caused by poor design in order to for the Blackberry user group to share best practises. Anyway end of rant. I would prefer to find support on a good old fashion news group.

Since you now know how to post your own NEW MESSAGE or new thread, you won't have to tag your posts onto other unrelated threads. That could be one reason you're frustrated doing that, since many off-topic threads posts are of lesser visibility and less likely to get responses.

I've asked a moderator to move your post above and my reply to the  section, where this Community Feedback topic belongs.

Each week, there are thousands of visitors here, and hundreds of return users. Once you become familiar with the forum layout, perhaps you'll feel more comfortable.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code