Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Community Feedback and Ideas

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

How unique this forums will be?

Out there we have pinstack.com, crackberry.com for example. How will this one differentiate from those mentioned apart from itself being an Official BlackBerry Support Forums?
Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: How unique this forums will be?

Wow ... no mention of BlackBerryForums ...

Personally I think the only "competition" to this forum will be BBF ... hopefully this will stay technical; much as BBF has.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Contributor

Yo..don't mean to left out BBF which is unique in its own way. Those two mentioned just for the sake of example Smiley Happy
Developer

Honestly I like this.  Pinstack, although popular, is really mean with their moderation.  Crackberry is new, and blackberryforums is great if you can sort through all the posts.  So I welcome a vendor moderated board.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think this is great. I go to BBF often but the way I see it.......... the more resources the best!! Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by Ozzydigital on 04-01-2008 05:33 PM
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

I just can't wait to see how this site gets moderated... it WILL be a good place to point the ranters

--"WTF my dialing won't be silent",

--"WTF my camera clicks too loud, can't turn it OFF" and

--"WTF I can't edit my reply text!".

I wonder what this forum will do with those?

Message Edited by JSanders on 04-01-2008 05:12 PM

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

[ Edited ]
I would assume that we could get direct support from RIM here. Not sure if the other forums have RIM support techs answering support questions on other forums. Maybe this could be a closed forum only for T1 support and higher, make this forum exclusive to customers that have a support contract. If not at the very least make some parts of the board public and other parts only for true support for Blackberry customers only. There are lots of other message boards that do this.
Message Edited by atyson on 04-01-2008 06:36 PM
Lotus Notes 7.0.3
BES 4.1.4
Users: 50
Devices: 8703e, 8130, 8830
Carrier: Verizon/Vodafone
Si
Contributor

It's an interesting topic.  I've been using BlackBerryForums for years as my primary knowledge site as it has a large user base and good technical info but any regular user will be aware of the recent and frequent downtime.  PinStack is nothing more than a low budget PIN dating site that has been designed to benefit from the SEO of BlackBerryForums (note their domain pinstack.blackberryforums.com) and CrackBerry is primarily a shop with a forum as a side step.  RIM needed to join the party, glad they have, although it's very basic in terms of the layout at the moment.  I expected bigger guns from the offset from a billion dollar company but I'm sure we'll see some enhancements along the way!  I can't imagine any leaks, beta screenshots and photos making it up on here for long though!!!
Si
Contributor

By the way, anyone actually come across a mod yet???
New Contributor

Yes I seen at least one logged through out the day. If you take a look on Whos online you should see one logged on right now.

Could be just my luck..