Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Community Feedback and Ideas

Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Ignore contributor button - no explanation on this and another forum suggestion

I am new so if this is common knowledge, forgive me.

I tried searching help and a general search on 'ignore' to see what the 'ignore contributors name' button does, but couldn't find any info.  Could it be added to help or frequently asked questions? It shows when I click on a contributor's name and their profile came up. I tried clicking on help from the other contributor's profile page in case help info is dependent on where you are when it is clicked.

Also, it would be nice if my status remained at guest or visitor. I don't like that it increased just because I posted a few messages - mainly to do with my own question. It means that someone new like me can post messages and not be helpful, but appear to be someone that can be trusted to give good advice.  Is it possible to have this changed?

Thanks

My Device: .

Re: Ignore contributor button - no explanation on this and another forum suggestion

ff123456b wrote:

I am new so if this is common knowledge, forgive me.

I tried searching help and a general search on 'ignore' to see what the 'ignore contributors name' button does, but couldn't find any info.  Could it be added to help or frequently asked questions? It shows when I click on a contributor's name and their profile came up. I tried clicking on help from the other contributor's profile page in case help info is dependent on where you are when it is clicked.

Also, it would be nice if my status remained at guest or visitor. I don't like that it increased just because I posted a few messages - mainly to do with my own question. It means that someone new like me can post messages and not be helpful, but appear to be someone that can be trusted to give good advice.  Is it possible to have this changed?

Thanks

Hi ff123456b,

Sorry about the confusion! The "Ignore" button is only meant to ignore any private messages sent by that user in specific, it will not hide messages posted by that user on the public message boards.

The rank system relies on a variety of different factors which allows you to attain the different ranks on the community. If you offer more helpful answers, such as those marked with Likes or Accepted Solutions your rank may change quicker. Whereas if you simply post messages discussing your own topic you may not see such a change. This can help make that differientation between users on the community.

I hope this was helpful for you, feel free to ask any additional questions Smiley Happy

ChadB
Community Moderator