Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Community Feedback and Ideas

nod
Contributor
My Device: 9300 RDA71UW
My Carrier: bell

Just a idea

I like getting around in this support form. It's very usfull. In time I will see how to work with in it better. It seems bland looking on my new torch 9800. The catagorys are broke up very well, and a person can go to were they need to be. And now my idea. I'm sure there are lots of folks that have older units that they no longer need. I have 2 of them that are in awesome condition. And was thinking of selling them. Maybe a buy and sell page would come in handy. It's a shame for me to have them in a apple box doing nothing. Just thought I'd put my two cents in on a idea. Thanks from Don AKA nod. PS. Thank the page builders for all there hard work, to date. Awesome job.
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Just a idea

Hey nod, just a comment on your idea for a device sales page... I am a member of several other BlackBerry communities (Crackberry, BlackBerryForums.com) and I have seen some great sales transactions, but there always comes along some crackpot scammer who is only out to bring fraud upon others. CrackBerry tried weeding out these dorks with a 100 post minimum, and BBF followed suit with 50 post minimum and 3 months membership. Those restrictions helped, but didn't solve the problem. So honestly, a website like eBay which is equipped to better handle verifying honest sellers and followup with restrictions and buyer protection, etc., is probably the best place to make those transactions.

When viewing this site on your 9800, you're likely seeing the mobile version of the forum, which is by intent more basic and scaled back and obvioulsy bland, less noise, all for quicker navigation.

Good luck!

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Hello nod,

RIM has developed a BlackBerry Trade-Up program. It is not exactly the way you mean it, since one of the requirements is to buy a new device, but you can associate with a friend who wishes to buy a new device.

https://tradeup.blackberry.com/

This program is operated by "The Wireless Source" on behalf of RIM, which brings confidence in my humble opinion.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
nod
Contributor
My Device: 9300 RDA71UW
My Carrier: bell

Well thanks guys. Your wright about scammers. I was selling my snowmobile this year, and I had dudes from Nigeriea wanting me to ship it to them. I didn't know it snowed there. Then I listed my 2 black berry units on kijiji Canada. And I got 13 fake E mail. So now I listed it by phone number only. Thanks for the replys. From Don AKA nod