Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Community Feedback and Ideas

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64G
My Carrier: None

Light blue text on a white background!

Come on Blackberry couldn't you make these forums less user friendly?

My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Light blue text on a white background!

Why are you posting this in the PlayBook section of the Forum?

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Forum-Feedback-and-Ideas/bd-p/feedback_ideas

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Because I'm trying to read this forum on my Playbook.  Does it matter more than the op question?

JSanders wrote:

Why are you posting this in the PlayBook section of the Forum?

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Forum-Feedback-and-Ideas/bd-p/feedback_ideas

Oh, sorry, I didn't address your question.

Linux2Playbook wrote:

Come on Blackberry couldn't you make these forums less user friendly?

Yes, they could if they wanted to.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

gray text and light blue text are a strain for my eyes, but maybe looks kewl to some one that approved of the change.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

It's a strain on my eyes as well... but we've been through that whole debate before and lost.

Anyway, it is better than it was for a period of time.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: playbook 16gb
My Carrier: non

Lol!  I never noticed that till you brought it up!  Smiley Sad

Now I am focused on it! 

Contributor

Yep, certainly not the best way to show off the PlayBook.  This PB is the first Blackberry product I've owned and I'm really impressed with it from a hardware/software point of view.  It's obvious that RIM knows how to build great tablet pc's.  Now their support forum is pretty pathetic if they expect PB users to access it.  Why the huge banner on the top? Why the silly text color?  

RIM could learn from those who came before when it comes to paying attention to the end user experience.  IBM knew how to do this kind of stuff. 

Surely critical postings, with the view to bettering the enduser's experienced should  be welcomed not written off by such nonsense, as ... you should have seen how bad it used to be.  

Frankly, RIM is really up against the wall these days and should welcome critiques and do some thoughtful thinking about implementing those with merit.

Cheers.

Linux2Playbook wrote:

Surely critical postings, with the view to bettering the enduser's experienced should  be welcomed not written off by such nonsense, as ... you should have seen how bad it used to be.  

And that's why I directed you to the proper section to post this complaint in... the admins and community managers should/will see it there. They rarely browse the help sections looking for forum improvement suggestions. But, you apparently thought your initial question was more important than being placed in the proper area. Scroll and review.  Smiley Wink

And yea, it's been discussed and argued and they have been made aware that this color scheme is less than appealing, but those of us who didn't like it were overruled in favor of the change. And the top banner? Oh, don't get me started! You should've seen it before when it covered EVEN MORE real estate up top. And that took about 6-7 months just to get it shrunk to the size it is now. We've accepted mediocrity in deference to the former horrible layout.

If you think your complaint is worth the community managers seeing it... ask a moderator to move this thread to the Community Feedback area.

Knowledge Base Updates

PS: earlier I was about to ask a moderator to move it anyway, as I would normally, but after you objected... I felt it was your thread to post where you wanted.

Knowledge Base Updates