Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Community Feedback and Ideas

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Storm

Re: Mobile Access to Forums

Will do!

Want to learn how to use your BlackBerry® smartphone? Visit youtube.com/blackberry to help you get the most out of your BlackBerry smartphone!

Do you have questions about your BlackBerry smartphone?

Go to mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry smartphone to enter your question and get instant answers! 

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8320 Curve

how about a quick launch icon that takes us directly to the forums?
Retired

Hello xjudgex,

Great idea, the BlackBerry Support Community Forums team is looking into a quick launch icon and additional ways to improve the mobile forums experience.

Want to learn how to use your BlackBerry® smartphone? Visit youtube.com/blackberry to help you get the most out of your BlackBerry smartphone!

Go to mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry smartphone to enter your question and get instant answers! 

My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Re: Mobile Access to Forums

I agree, a WAP shortcut would be great. I would also like to be able to view more than one message per window. If that can be set in the mobile preferences I don't see it.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello,
I have tried the mobile version. I have some questions.

=> can you access the private messages ?

=> when you're on a board, there is a list of discussions. I can open a discussion. Then I have to click "next" as many times as there are messages.
can you put a "last message" link ?
and also a "last unread message" link ?

=> when you write text in the mobile website, the carriage returs are not converted to HTML linebreaks. Meaning a post sent from mobile version will always look like an enormous paragraph.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I am not able to access my private messages, nor any of the normal personal settings.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Retired

There are some limitations with the mobile version.  The BlackBerry Support Community Forums team is looking into expanding the functionality of the mobile site, however this may take some time to complete.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Rogers Pearl 8110 OS v4.3.0.93

I completely agree with one of the issues raised by Xandrex, the bit about posts from mobile devices looking like one big chunk of text. Because my computer went in for repairs a few days after I purchased my BB, I have never accessed the forums from anything other than my BB. At first I was using the mobile site, but once I downloaded Opera Mini, I started using the regular site. However, I think everything I post is still coming through as a never-ending paragraph, despite the fact that this is certainly NOT the way that I'm writing it! This happens regardless of whether I'm in mobile view or regular. (Could somebody please let me know if that's how my posts look to everyone else??? Thanks.) Anyway, that is definitely something that should be changed, if possible. The reverse of this situation is that regular paragraph breaks look like big looooooong gaps on my BB screen. Maybe this is not something that can be fixed though... And somebody please do let me know what my posts look like to others. Thanks.

"We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
~ Oscar Wilde
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

neverending. Yeah, that's the correct word.

Smiley Happy

yes your message appear like a single huge paragraph.
can you try and insert < b r > manually everytime you want to add a carriage return (without the spaces, just 4 chars) ?

mayeb you have one way of doing aestetics Smiley Happy

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Rogers Pearl 8110 OS v4.3.0.93

Okay, so I'll try that right now...
Did it work???

"We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
~ Oscar Wilde