Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Community Feedback and Ideas

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Like farming for developers

[ Edited ]

Can anyone explain to me why every weekend some Indian guy tries to abuse the like system.

There seems to be no European moderator on weekends so these things go unnoticed for hours.

What is the point?

The only thing I can think of is that they have an interview and this is something to show the interviewer.

Having seen the long lines stretching around the block for computer jobs in India I can understand anything that sets you apart is worth trying.

But it's annoying to read and if you have to lie and cheat to get a job you deserve all the bad karma life brings you!

@worriers stop being a complete **bleep**!

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer

[ Edited ]

I've changed the title in the hope that an interviewer will see this and to dissuade any further Indians from doing this in future.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

Although lately it seems to be mostly those from India, it has varied from other regions in the past.

In most cases it relates back to Developer rewards of water bottles, hoodies and other stuff based on a points system for activity in the forum, posts, likes etc. And, as with life in general, there are those who always feel the need to cheat to get ahead, and most of those are caught and throttled down in some way.

The thing to do when you notice this is use the Report Inappropriate Content link under that poster's name and inform the moderators of the suspected "likes abuse" by that user. It's also commonly known around here as "water bottling". So let the mods know. They have been very good at taking action.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
My Device: Red Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Hinamaya, hinamaya
Hinamay chi cha yo 
Hinamaya, hinamaya
Hinamay chi cha yo 
Hinamaya, hinamaya
Hinamay chi cha yo 
Hinamay chi cha yo
Hinamay chi cha yo
Hinamay chi cha yo
Hinamay chi cha you
Hina hina hey ya
Hina hina hey yo

=) 

Developer

[ Edited ]

@slashkyle lol

@jsanders this is exactly what I do do but as stated there seems to be no European mod on Saturdays and it took six hours to remove when it happened last week. In fact I asked for him to be banned mid last week when he was posting rubbish and duplicate posts.

I got a free water-bottle just for showing my phone in the high street a few weeks ago, it's really not worth going to all the hassle of setting up duplicate accounts for, believe me. :-)

My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

Yea but what's not worth it for you, is worth it for others.

There are moderators on duty most all the time, not all. So, if a 'water bottler' developer is caught six hours late, so be it, he's still caught. The forum looks a mess for that time period, but they've done a good job responding to alerts to those characters and acting quickly.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: 0

[ Edited ]

Relocating this subject to:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Community-Feedback-and-Ideas/bd-p/feedback_ideas

Chronos                                                                                                      New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png  AS3.png  CG2.png
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Chronos, it took you 52 minutes to move this to the correct board. This is not admissible !

Smiley Tongue

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: