Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Community Feedback and Ideas

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Signup and signin

I think the password requirements are strict for just a forum... I understand requiring uppercase, lowercase, and numbers in maybe a bank password (my bank doesn't even require that) or for a VPN or something, but I don't see how its necessary here.

Also the 'keep me signed in' thing on the sign on page does not seem to work (I'm using Safari and Konqueror as my browsers, btw) and the forums seem overly aggressive about signing me off. My bank signs me off after five minutes of inactivity, I expect that from them, but it makes actively participating in a forum harder when I have to constantly keep signing back in all day. 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Storm

Re: Signup and signin

Thank you for providing this feedback about the sign in and logout functionality.  Our password requirements are high due to content that is available in certain message boards.  Some of these message boards may not be viewable to the entire community.  Regarding the page timeouts they were set to timeout after 30 minutes of inactivity.  I will review this option with the BlackBerry Support Community Forums team to see if a change could be made to improve the experience.

Thank you again!

Regards,

Beholder

Want to learn how to use your BlackBerry® smartphone? Visit youtube.com/blackberry to help you get the most out of your BlackBerry smartphone!

Do you have questions about your BlackBerry smartphone?

Go to mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry smartphone to enter your question and get instant answers! 

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I have to agree here - it's _just_ a web forum.  My corporate network doesn't have such strict requirements, nor do the banking sites I use.

In the end I just gave up, because no password I use (other than the one I use for really really important stuff) meets such stringent requirements.  I just randomly generated one, which I'll never remember, but whatever...

From the signup page...

Password: must not contain a repeated sequence of 3 or more characters. Your password must be 6 or more characters, contain at least one lowercase character, one uppercase character, one digit, and no repeated sequence of 3 or more characters. Your password can't be a subset of your login name.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

For the password... I read someone complaining that his bank website required a less complicated passwd than his online pizza delivery... In that case, it's'the bank that is to blame. I think it's'a good thing to advocate people about security. Security should rise and not lower. About the session login, I have no problem (using the Blackberry Browser 4.2.2 and Mozilla Firefox 3) : it works for hours (even if my window just sits there). Maybe you can check your cookies policy in Safari and Konqueror.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: