Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Community Feedback and Ideas

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

only unread forum messages ?

hello,

I'd like to post a suggestion, maybe there is an addon for lithium that does that ?

When I open a board, I see the list of threads. for each one, I can see the number of unread messages. Today, when I want to visually detect them, I have to use Firefox, do a search for 0 (the zero character) and make Mozilla Firefox Highlight it. Then I can watch the "unread column" and see immediately what is not 0, meaning there's new msgs to read.

Is it possible to activate something like "only display threads with unread" like in Mozilla Thunderbird ? There is the same addon on simplemachinesforum for example.

Guys, really I don't know how you deal with so many messages everyday. I spend hours everyday reading the forum.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
Guru I

Re: only unread forum messages ?

[ Edited ]

All right, I've looked at the Lithium forum website, it seems like it's not very open for developers. So I designed a greasemonkey script to do that.

• Greasemonkey is an addon extension for Firefox, it allows to execute JavaScript code (client-side) on a webpage that matches a pattern (here, beginning of the URL).
  • my GS script loads a board page, and when done, hides the threads that have 0 new messages. The script is attached to this message. You have to install Grease Monkey first on your Mozilla Firefox browser.
  • to desactivate the script, just click on the monkey head in the right bottom of your Firefox window (the head should turn grey) and reload the page. The hiding won't occur anymore until you reactivate the monkey.

Mozilla Firefox

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

GreaseMonkey for Firefox

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748

my "hide threads without new messages" script for the BB Support community forum :

http://xandrex.free.fr/Blackberry/Blackberry-supportforum-hide-nonew.user.js

Message Edited by Xandrex on 08-11-2008 12:39 AM

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Storm

Hello Xandrex,

Thank you for constructing the script!

Regards,

Beholder

Want to learn how to use your BlackBerry® smartphone? Visit youtube.com/blackberry to help you get the most out of your BlackBerry smartphone!

Do you have questions about your BlackBerry smartphone?

Go to mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry smartphone to enter your question and get instant answers! 

Guru I

Here are two screenshots that explain what the script does. They are also attached in the bottom of this message.

As you can see, when you are browsing a page, it is not easy to see what are the discussions that contain new posts. My script just hides the discussions that do not contain new messages.

The grease monkey scripts can be activated or deactivated whenever you want, by just clicking on the monkey head in the bottom left corner.
on each screenshot, you can see it :
- color smiling monkey : Grease Monkey is activated
- grey unhappy monkey : Grease Monkey is deactivated.

Guru I

and with the two screenshots :

Guru I

Dear all,

the script has been updated to be compatible with the new forum that went live a few weeks ago. Please click on the link in the above posts, and simply install it again. The new version of the GS script will automatically override the deprecated version.

Again, I would like to apologize for the delay. But it's Lithium's fault for not providing that feature anyway Smiley Wink

Best regards

Xandrex