Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-mobile

A new bug in BBQ10 Contacts app?

‎I have encountered an apparent bug with the Contacts app that comes with BlackBerry Q10 (I'm running 10.2.1.2228 OS).

On the "Company" line, this gibberish frequently appears along with the company name I've entered:
&#92\;‎&#92\;‎&#92\;‎
Even after repeatedly editing and re-saving to remove these garbled character strings, they reappear again a few minutes later.‎

Also, photos that I add to contacts disappear after a few hours or so.‎

I've even tried a battery pull, but this bug persists.‎ Is this a known problem, and does anyone know of a fix?

Regular Contributor
My Carrier: EMT

Re: A new bug in BBQ10 Contacts app?

[ Edited ]

\ is "\" in HTML Smiley Happy 1) Did you use any special characters in front of the name? 2) What happens, when you delete the contact and then enter it again?

New Contributor

No special characters were used. However, upon deleting the many contacts with this problem and entering them over again from scratch, the problem has not re-occurred. Also, I found that the problem only manifested itself with those contacts that were migrated from my Yahoo Mail Address Book.
New Contributor

Further testing reveals that there is definitely a bug with this app, at least in Q10 v10.2.1.2228 that came with my new T-mobile BB. In addition to the random characters such as /; that continue to randomly appear (and re-appear, even after repeated deletions) on various data lines, other manifestations include:
(1) street addresses disappear an hour or so after they've been entered/saved
(2)
New Contributor

(2) continued, email addresses vanish or change from "work" to "other"
(3) Fax numbers change to "other" (voice) phone numbers

In short, this app is very unstable and saved edits just revert to earlier iterations or randomly change. My old BlackBerry 8700g's Address Book was rock-solid stable, by comparison! This needs to be fixed so that this essential app works
Regular Contributor
My Carrier: EMT

Are you connected to your PC or online service? Is it possible that this is some kind of sync problem?

I am at Q10SQN100-3/10.2.2.1531 and incoming calls don't show the name of a caller I have in my address book. This is also random.
New Contributor

Not connected to PC since I got this new Q10 last month, just using T-mobile's 4GLTE data service (and occasionally WiFi).