Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

APPS !!!! Look at OsmAnd open source maps -- available for BlackBerry OS 10...

This is one heck of an application!  A wonderful map with many overlays available, seems stable,  you can use a pededstrian, auto, whatever view...  I am not totally clued into all the features, I was told about it and searched for it on BlackBerry World, and it popped up...  It doesn't seem to be listed in BlackBerry World, but I could be wrong.

You just HAVE to try it, it's wonderful.  There is a free version and a pay-for version available, I tried the free one first, haven't fully explored that yet.

The spelling is, for some reason, OsmAnd....

See:  http://osmand.net/en/blog/72-osmand-on-blackberry-.html

It was first released for Android, explains that a BlackBerry programmer did it for BBy.

We  downloaded the Canada-British Columbia map [takes a long, long time even on a good WiFi home network]  and do read the list carefully, you may not have to download the Canada background map as well, but I ended up with the two of them and it took 3 or 4 hours to download...  But, wow....  all the little and large trails are included in the map around our townhouse here in Saanich, just north of Victoria BC....  just little ones!  And, in pedestrian view, lots of thing one would never expect to be on it!  Give it a try!!!  Very very nice, makes the BBy Z10 even more fantastic...