Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Application stuck in active download

Hello,

I tried downloading an application (The Bard's Tale) on my new Z10 and it is just stuck in the active download section. I cannot cancel it or anything and it is just draining my battery. Does anyone know how to terminate the download?

Thanks

My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Application stuck in active download

I have same thing happening. It's driving me nuts. Please help grrrrrrrr
New Contributor
My Device: z10, Playbook
My Carrier: now Vodafone, was o2 UK

Have the same with two other apps: taptu and tube map .... Prompt support would be greatly appreciated!

Try hard reset. Push both volumes and power till phone shuts off. If this doesn't work then do as I did n do a swipe to factory settings
New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

Come on BlackBerry sort this out - a factory reload is a last resort I want to avoid.  Surely deleting or cancelling an application download should be possible if the download hangs itself.  This is REALLY annoying!

Only thing I came up with which sucks, is to do a hard wipe. Press both volumes and power. you'll loss all data so back up first. This really sucked bit now it's working great yeppie!!!!!!!!
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Du- UAE

Just out of curiosity, is this particular only to the applications you have mentioned?

This has happened to me when my network coverage /wifi coverage was weak and erratic.

The solution was to switch off the device and trying to download at a place with better coverage.

Hope this works for you.

Regular Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

This problem is not application specific as I have the same problem with two applications, Tunin radio and London Bus Live. The apps are both stuck on installation.

I have no intention of wiping my data. I had a nightmare changing my phone from Z10 to Z10 following a fault on the original handset. The BlackBerry Link software does not work properly and it took ages to get the phone back to the way it was and that was yesterday!

I saw a fix for app world using keyboard but how can this work for the Z10? I believe it has something to do with clearing the cache but I am not sure. Help would be appreciated with a fix that does not involve a reset.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Hey Tigershark, did you find a solution to your problem other than a doing a security wipe?  I have the same problem and the app is stuck in "Active Download".

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Hey Dymond78, did you do a full security wipe?  I tried pressing the two volume buttons along with the power button but no luck.