Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 White, PlayBook 16g & 64g
My Carrier: ATT

Apps that don't belong in BlackBerry World

I know this sounds like the same thing over again...

I have just downloaded three Collage Apps for BB10 on my Z10. They all had similar reviews, which should have been my first clue.

All three apps are exactly the same Android port with the exact same menu layout and the exact same function, but from three different developers, at least they have different websites.

All three have a free version with the exact same limitations and a paid version at the exact same price.

Either way paid or free they all act the same.

So what's the point? Why do they exist? From what I can tell there are about two to three more that are also the exact same app.  Some of these apps have multiple reviews from the same person, how is that possible? It looks like a group of cheapscapes passing around the same app and the same reviews.

I don't care if it's free or paid, it at least needs to be legitimate.

Is someone asleep at the wheel?

Paid or free they are **bleep** apps that unnecessarily clog searches for legitimately functioning apps.

BlackBerry World please clean house, I would rather have fewer apps native or Android that function uniquely than copycat clones that are passed around from one inept developer to the next.

My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Cosmote

Re: Apps that don't belong in BlackBerry World

Couldn't agree more mate it should be looked at! Perhaps send an email to the app reviewers! Smiley Wink
Developer
Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

Re: Apps that don't belong in BlackBerry World

Absolutely agree. I have already posted about the fake apps that also appear under multiple names (ie. "App for snapchat",etc). It is like there is little to no moderation. I too would much rather have fewer but better apps. If there was either a community based pre-approval process, or a submit complaint button we might see some of these dissappear.