Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Highlighted
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: Telenor
Accepted Solution

BB Q10 Yahoo Messenger showing all contacts as offline

I've had my BBQ10 for about a year and have been using Yahoo Messenger since then. 

Just last week when logging on as I left work I noticed all of my contacts were offline, just minutes before that I had been chatting to some of those contacts using my laptop version of Yahoo Messenger. 

I have tried to look back if there is something I have done that could affect my phone by no, havent changed one single thing on it. 

In order to resolve the problem I have:

1. Restarted my phone, both by removing the battery and by switching it off. 

2. Deleted and re-installed Yahoo

3. Deleted the app, restarted my phone then re-installed yahoo

4. Changed password

Please help! I really need this app to work as I use it a lot in work. 

I have been looking through some of the similar threads and tried as much as I can think of but nothing seems to help.

Thanks in advance,

Brgds

Peter

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BB Q10 Yahoo Messenger showing all contacts as offline

According to the reviews of the app in BlackBerry World, this appears to be a problem many people are facing. It's not as apparent in the Android version of the app. If you'd like to load the Android version to your phone, follow the steps outlined here and you'll be up and running in no time. I have a couple of Android apps on my Z30 and they work like a charm.

Here are the instructions for doing this:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-Applications-for/You-Upgraded-to-OS-10-2-1-and-wan... 

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: Telenor

Hi BillJ,

It works!! 

Took a while and was a bit difficult as i use mac, all these sideloading etc operations with BB seems easier to do if you're on a PC. 

Thanks a lot for your help!

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Right on! I'm glad things are now good.

Also, thanks for marking the thread as solved. This will help others in the same situation find the answer more readily.

Cheers. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.