Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Contributor
My Device: Z10 / Playbook
My Carrier: Movistar
Accepted Solution

BB Travel automatic trip scanning does not work

Automatic trip scanning does not work, even if the email accounts are added to Blackberry Travel through its setup.

In BB10 hub I don’t have the option to a add a trip from the menu.

When I send the itinerary whether to my specific mail xxxx@blackberry.worldmate.com or to trips@blackberry.com I received a mail stating that my email was not processed. The trip is via American Airlines and the mail is in plain text.

I know I can input the information manually, but automatic scanning is one of the nicest features of BB Travel.

Any ideas?

Solutions: 6,417
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB Travel automatic trip scanning does not work

I've seen some emails that Travel just can't read or parse. Even plain text.

However, in my experience, 95% of them are processed correctly and quickly.

Let me suggest, from your American Airlines booking see if you can send yourself an HTML version of the itinerary.

AND, make sure the email is coming to a scanned email account (or forward to your personal worldmate email address as you've already stated). But make sure it is HTML.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I have been a regular user of BB Travel on my 9900. I have recently upgraded to a Z10 and waited impatiently for BB Travel availability. I travel ALOT and it is REALLY useful. For me probably the best BB app there is. Finally available and immediately downloaded.

Unfortunately, I cannot get the automatic trip scanning feature to work. Originally, I uninstalled and reinstalled the software thinking there might have been a problem. Interestingly, it did scan my email and update my travel plans immediately following this reinstall. Subsequently it went back to the same state it was in prior to the reinstall; i.e. no auto trip scanning. On my old 9900, BB Travel would send a trip email to the BB Travel "server" (?) and I would get a response email back from this server indicating that BB Travel was updated with the new info. What happens now, is that an email gets sent to the server which appears to have no message information (when I open on the phone) and there is of course no corresponding confirmation email in return. This happens with every travel confirmation; airlines, hotels, car rental companies; the vast majority of which I have used regularly with the previous version of BB Travel.

Insights are appreciated.

Have you tried sending the travel info email to Travel directly (to your xxx@blackberry.worldmate.com address)?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: Z10 / Playbook
My Carrier: Movistar

Using my xxx@blackberry.worldmate.com address did work. Although it still a work around and not a fix. It still won't work automatically with emails send from third parties to me.

I hope this fix will eventually arrive via updates in the app.

Thanks for your help

New Contributor

I have not tried the worldmate address. I really need the automatic trip scanning to work. I might also note that I did the same uninstall and reinstall sequence described in my earlier message and the same thing happened. BB Travel went through my inbox and populated every single travel arrangement. I have not booked anything additional since yesterday's messages, but will be curious (and quite happy) if this second reinstall fixes the problem.

Yea, I don't understand, my travel emails have been processed automatically and updated ok.

Anyway, good luck. I keep that email address in my contacts just in case.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thanks for your insights. I do recognize that there are always problems being a bit of an early adopter. It's frustrating as I was previously a very committed and happy user of this app under BB7.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

it may be frustrating, but the "BlackBerry Travel for BlackBerry 10" app is not the next version of the "BlackBerry Travel" app you had on your BB7.

It is another application that was rewritten nearly from scratch, for BlackBerry 10. as such, it does not benefit from all the great features that you and I are used to from the app for BB7.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

I have had the same problem since I upgraded to the Z10. It is actually very strange as some (actually few) items do get scanned but not all of them like they used to on the old BB. It has been suggested to contact BB support about this. Has anyone done this already?