Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Contributor
My Device: Priv

Re: BB Travel automatic trip scanning does not work

I just struggled with this for about 4 weeks with one user.  We are on an Enterprise.  I have 3 users with Z10 devices.

After hours on the phone with BB tech support, I ended up figuring it out myself.  When I removed the user's BES account (the one where you get activated on the BES) no matter what I did with them or without them (including security wipes several times), nothing worked.

When I had a brain storm - removed the user's "work" account, the READDED THE ACCOUNT AS A STRAIGHT FORWARD ActiveSync account (no enterprise activation).  Blackberry Travel started working IMMEDIATELY and re-read all of the itinerary emails automatically - by itself - I didn't have to do a thing except reinstall the app.

It's an incident that has been escalted to the top ranks of BB development.  There are some serious issues with how BES 10 works - or Doesn't WORK.

I don't know if this is your specific issue, I thought I'd let you know my findings.

Ron (8800, 8310, 9700, 9800, 9810, 9900, Z10, Z30, PRIV)
Contributor
My Device: Priv

I received some information from BB Development.  If you want to use BlackBerry Travel with a BES account, YOU MUST INSTALL BLACKBERRY TRAVEL ONLY AFTER ENSURING YOU ARE INSTALLING IT ON THE "WORK" TAB OF BLACKBERRY BALANCE.

To install BB Travel on the work tab, you first must ensure that the BES has whitelisted BB Travel an an acceptable application for "work".  Then from the main screen, swipe down from the middle of the screen and make sure you have selected the "Work" tabl.  Run AppWorld from there and install BB Travel.

However, I spent the better part of a day trouble shooting BB Travel for one of my users with BlackBerry on the phone.  I was the one who put the pieces together and realized that another user I have, who had BB Tavel working while on the BES, was actaully using a Gmail account to receive his itinerary information.  Since User 2 didn't have a Gmail account, I simply uninstalled his BES account (work email) and added it back as a a simple ActiveSync account.  When I did this everything started working.  It was only after I got it working myself, that the incident was then escalated to Development.  This morning I received the following:

"Where the work email resides on the workspace and travel being on the personal side it is not able to communicate to the email when it is connected to the BES. There is something that can be done however. If BlackBerry Travel is whitelisted on the BES, users can download it from BlackBerry World on the workspace side of the phone, once downloaded there it will be able to read the BES connected email."

Why doesn't BlackBerry support have all of this in the reference material available internally to them?  Why did the issue have to get escalated to BB Development?  Why did BlackBerry travel allow me to connect a BES email account to an app that could not read that BES account??  No warnings.  No errors.  If the device wouldn't do what I was asking it to do, why would it not tell me??

I have been an avid fan and staunch supporter of BlackBerry for many years now.  Some of you may remember "My.BlackBerry.Com" where some of us helped thousands of users from around the world with ad-hoc support of their devices; sometimes having to explain what a data plan was to people in the UK on a month by month plan.  I am trying not to use this thread as a soapbox, but the inefficiencies and lack of performance on BES 10 has changed my mind - almost in an instant.  As much as I dislike the iPhone, I can no longer fault my users for wanted one instead of a BlackBerry, and I no longer have an argument for them to stay on the BlackBerry platform.  The final straw for me, after the lack of support for Exchange Public Folders with no alternative, is the total disregard for the average joe like me, sloshing through the world of BlackBerry, blindly, thinking that they have my back.

Ron (8800, 8310, 9700, 9800, 9810, 9900, Z10, Z30, PRIV)
Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Rogers

THANK YOU.  I had the same issue, and spend hours on the phone with Rogers support.  I found this thread, got IT to whitelist the app, and tada!

Seems to me this quirk could be easily flagged to users when the first install the app.  Once you know the issue and the solution, it is a piece of cake to fix.  But finding the info is a real piece of work, and tech support at the mobile providers don't have the knowledge.

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

For what it is worth, BlackBerry Travel was updated in the past week to include in the Hub the ability to share an email to BlackBerry Travel.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks for the message.  I had in fact waited for an update, and it still didn't work, hence my scouring the boards for information.  I can say that since BB Travel is in my work space, everything works as it should.

It really makes my life easier as well... great app!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: EE (Everything Everywhere)

I'm having the same problem - also it doesn't sync with the phones calendar - I don't have a BES account - I'd be grateful if anyone has a solution for this as otheriwse its a great App

KevinSlegg wrote:

I'm having the same problem -

But is the incoming email being read by the Travel app?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: EE (Everything Everywhere)

Hi

I'd previously maually entered the Trip details into the App - and that still doesn't load the details onto my phone's calendar.

I subsequently received an e-mail which effectively is the e-ticket - and that still didn't load on. However, I forwarded this to my BlackBerry Travel address directly yesterday - and got a message saying that it was not processed as either 1) The travel provider may not be currently supported; or 2) The specific format used in this confirmation has changed or is not recognised.

Obviously, this might explain why I had to manually enter the Trip - but it doesn't explain why, once entered, the trip isn't being added to my calendar.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hi KevinSlegg,

can you log in BB Travel using a desktop browser and see if the trip is correctly displayed?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: