Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

New Contributor
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

BB Travel on Q10 won't allow setup or change of e-mail address

After (re)installing BBTravel (several times), I still can't set up e-mail scanning.  After agreeing to the legal agreement I see the [Login] and [Register] buttons for a split second before that screen is involuntarily pushed aside and I'm presented with a "Enable Trip Scanning" dialog box with [Disable] and [Enable] buttons.  I click [Enable] and [Login] and [Register] reappear for a split second before again being pushed aside and told I don't have that feature enabled.  In other words, I'm never given a chance to set up the very thing I'm told to set up.  Under Settings for BBTravel (V3.1.1.2) it shows my work e-mail address but I can't edit or delete that field; ditto the first and last name fields (which are empty).  The app has been granted access to everything under Setup - Application Permissions.

I had all this stuff working just fine under BB7, so it's not like this app is new to me.  (Yes I know it's a complete rewrite of the old one and not a simple port.)

New Contributor

Re: BB Travel on Q10 won't allow setup or change of e-mail address

[ Edited ]

From what I can see when I delete (yes, delete and not just uninstall) BBTravel, it's not cleaning up everything.  Thus, when I reinstall it there are some settings left over that it uses rather than taking me through all the initial setup stuff.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: BB Travel on Q10 won't allow setup or change of e-mail address

Note that I do not have the option to do Settings > Manage My Emails as per this Knowledge Base article.  When I pull down the menu from the top and tap on the Setting gear I'm shown a few user settings I can change such as what units to use for temperature, but I can't add/modify/delete the e-mail field or the First Name and Last Name fields.

btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=E8B503FB2BBF69EF32F6224578F73762?externalId=KB33886&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&noCount=true&ViewedDocsListHelper=com.kanisa.apps.common.BaseViewedDocsListHelperImpl

Trip Scan is a feature that will scan the associated emails that are registered with BlackBerry Travel for any existing trip itineraries. If itineraries are found, they will be added to BlackBerry Travel. 

To enable Trip Scan, the following must be performed:

• The Trip Scan feature must be enabled during initial login, registration or from the Settings menu in the application.
  • Allow BlackBerry Travel Permission to Email

Note:

• BlackBerry Travel will only scan email accounts that have been registered with BlackBerry Travel on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone.  
  • The BlackBerry ID email address will be automatically registered.
  • Additional accounts can be added through the BlackBerry Travel application, under Settings > Manage My Emails.