Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Developer
My Device: Bold 9930 and PlayBook

BB10 Maps crashes

I'm trying to get directions from Pennsylvania to Vermont and each time I put the address in for the destination and have it find the route the application crashes.  I've tried multiple different towns as the end point in Vermont but the same behavior happens. 

Z10 STL100-4

OS 10.1.0.4543

Maps 10.1.0.790

"Not to know what happened before you were born is to be forever a child." Marcus Tullius Cicero
Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: BB10 Maps crashes

Hey bnolan001,

Thanks for the post.

Do you get a specific error message?  Also are you clicking on the addresses from the contacts application?  Also if you choose a different state to end in, does BlackBerry Maps still crash?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

no error message, application just terminates.  Happens from searching from within in the MAP application.  Seems to have started since last OS upgrade

Developer

Like what goose85 says.  The application just exits, no error code or dialog popup.  So far I've only seen it happen when I search for a place in the maps application.  When I tap on the search result tha matches what I want the applicaiton then closes.  If I already have the location saved as a contact and select the contact as the place I want to navigate to then the application works fine. 

Seems to be a problem with passing the information from the search results to the Maps API.

"Not to know what happened before you were born is to be forever a child." Marcus Tullius Cicero
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

If I select a favourite app functions as expected. Cancel that route and search from Application (put in address and the search finds the address, when u click to select address is when the App just exits
Highlighted
Developer

Looks like the update just released fixed the issues I was seeing.  Just tested 10.1.0.805.